IQ Tests

04r1

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by WearYourHelmet:

Dunno, the standard one I believe. Taken it a few times, mostly when I was younger.

Soo... you do a little too much graemlins/doh.gif between then and now?

131 according to that site BTW.. can't complain :cool:

Typically, the average, or "standard" IQ score is 100.

The "average range" for IQ scores is 85 to 115. Therefore, if you have a score that falls between 85 and 115, you would be said to have an "average IQ." Roughly 68 percent of the population has an IQ that falls between 85 and 115.

An IQ score of 115 to 130 would be considered "above average."

An IQ score of 130 or higher is generally considered to fall within the "genius" range of intelligence. Generally, to be considered "gifted," you must have an IQ that falls at 130 or higher. If you have an IQ of 130 or higher, then you have an IQ that falls at the 98th percentile (i.e., only two percent of the entire population has an IQ that is as high or higher than yours). To qualify for Mensa, the society for high IQs, you must score at the 98th percentile or higher on a standardized intelligence test.

The IQ of 164 posted earlier would be, if based on a standard scale of IQ, an extremely, extremely high IQ. Like an almost unheard of IQ. Like a "Wow, that's really fucking high" IQ.

There are a lot of acceptable IQ tests online, such as the link that was provided above. You should know that online IQ tests tend to have a higher normative sample - meaning, the people to which you are being compared are, in general, smarter than the rest of the population. (It's because people who are computer and Internet saavy - i.e., the people who comprise the sample to which your score is being compared - tend to be smarter than people who aren't computer and Internet saavy - i.e., the people who aren't included in the comparison sample.) So, you should know that an IQ score that is obtained via an online IQ test is actually a bit suppressed.

Cliff Notes:

100 = average IQ

85-115 = average range of IQ

130+ = genius level IQ

Hope this helps.

For those who dont know Norm's Buffalo/Beer theory.

Norm's "Buffalo Theory"

A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo, and when the herd is hunted, it is the slowest and weakest ones at the back that are killed first. This natural selection is good for the herd as a whole, because the general speed and health of the whole is maintained or even improved by the regular culling of the weakest members.

In much the same way, the human brain can operate only as fast as the slowest brain cells through which the electrical signals pass. Recent epidemiological studies have shown that while excessive intake of alcohol kills off brain cells, it attacks the slowest and weakest brain cells first.

Thus, regular consumption of beer, wine etc., helps eliminate the weaker cells, constantly making the brain a faster and more efficient machine. The result of this in-depth study verifies and validates the causal link between all-weekend parties and job related performance. It also explains why, after a few short years of leaving a university and getting married, most professionals cannot keep up with the performance of the new graduates. Only those few that stick to the strict regimen of voracious alcoholic consumption can maintain the intellectual levels that they achieve during their college years.

So, this is a call to arms. As our country is losing its technological edge, we cannot shudder in our homes. Get back into the bars. Quaff that pint. Your company and country need you to be at your peak, and you shouldn't deny yourself the career that you could have. Take life by the bottle and be all that you can be. Forward this to all of your friends, acquaintances and co-workers that may be in danger of losing their edge.

This is e-mail I just got after taking the test Anthony posted.

Thank you for recently taking the IQ Test, your score was: 150

http://www.iqtest2.com/view/iqtest/options/040414/10819989656247

Our test usually gets within 5 points of the professional tests--a

remarkable feat for a 13 minute test.

Our test gives you a quick and fast measurement of your abilities, and

that can indicate directions for you to take.

Average: 85 - 115

Above average: 116 - 125

Gifted Borderline Genius: 126 - 135

Highly gifted and appearing to be a Genius to most others: 136 - 145

Genius: 146 - 165

High Genius: 166 - 180

Highest Genius: 181 - 200

Beyond being measurable Genius: Over 200

That test that Anthony posted was an absolute joke. I quit after about 10 questions.

EDIT... I went back, answered the first 10 questions then just went through the rest and put true.. I got a 130... I'm a borderline genius by doing that. hahahahaha

Guest Elinar Longsight

This test is more accurate. IQ Test

Your IQ score is 155.

Your Intellectual Type is a Facts Curator.

This means you are highly intelligent and have picked up an impressive and unique collection of facts and figures over the years. You've got a remarkable vocabulary and exceptional math skills — which puts you in the same class as brainiacs like Bill Gates.

[ 14. April 2004, 11:57 PM: Message edited by: Elinar Longsight ]

Damn that other test was a joke too....

Your IQ score is 144

This number is based on a scientific formula that compares how many questions you answered correctly on the Classic IQ Test relative to others.

Your Intellectual Type is Visionary Philosopher. This means you are highly intelligent and have a powerful mix of skills and insight that can be applied in a variety of different ways. Like Plato, your exceptional math and verbal skills make you very adept at explaining things to others — and at anticipating and predicting patterns. And that's just some of what we know about you from your IQ results.