IMPORTANT

Casper

I went to the concert, it was pretty kick ass. You can say what you want about them, but if you like music, you missed a fucking kick ass show. I was right on the fence of the "2nd" level

Originally posted by L.Pee.J:

You can say what you want about them

well, thanks for permission. didnt know it was you that was keeping me from talking shit all this time.

btw, i dont think ive ever heard anything as gay as "blister in the sun".

I went to the concert, it was pretty kick ass. You can say what you want about them, but if you like music, you missed a fucking kick ass show. I was right on the fence of the "2nd" level

+1

Best show I've ever seen. Kiss Off is my favorite song, and they played it for the encore. Bad ass. Whole show was awesome. The Violent Femmes have been my favorite band since I was little, but I'd never seen them live until tonight. Unlike most of the shit out today, they're better live then on CD. Incredible.

Originally posted by Orion:

well, thanks for permission. didnt know it was you that was keeping me from talking shit all this time.

btw, i dont think ive ever heard anything as gay as "blister in the sun".

Wow, you really have good reasons to not like them :rolleyes:

Blister in the Sun was kind of a gay song, but still a good song. There are MUCH better songs of their's that you'd probably. Unless you only like rap, you'd probably like the Violent Femmes. Their style is very diverse. They have country, rock, and folk influences in every one of their songs. Very cool.

Originally posted by WearYourPee:

Well, he IS half black.... :D

Doesn't make a difference. People hear "Blister in the Sun" and think the Violent Femmes are a joke band. These are probably the same ones that think Eminem is a serious rap talent :rolleyes:graemlins/jerkit.gif

Doesn't make a difference. People hear "Blister in the Sun" and think the Violent Femmes are a joke band. These are probably the same ones that think Eminem is a serious rap talent :rolleyes:graemlins/jerkit.gif

**clapping**

couple of things. i dont "need" a good reason for thinking a band sucks. and ask yourself, do you know what it means to say something "tongue in cheek"? the violent femmes are all gay. therefore, the band is gay, and so is the music. i love elton johns music, but its gay too.

c'mon guys, the jokes no fun if i have to explain it.

anyways, i guess i cant expect much in the way of subtelty from three guys with "pee" in their screen names.

couple of things. i dont "need" a good reason for thinking a band sucks. and ask yourself, do you know what it means to say something "tongue in cheek"? the violent femmes are all gay. therefore, the band is gay, and so is the music. i love elton johns music, but its gay too.

c'mon guys, the jokes no fun if i have to explain it.

anyways, i guess i cant expect much in the way of subtelty from three guys with "pee" in their screen names.

Um..... They are all married with wives. Thanks, don't try again.

Hey... It's a lifestyle

If you dont like Eminem please listen to The way I am. I'm pretty sure he was directing that to you. And he does have some "talent", or he does now that he got off drugs and stopped talking about killing his mom. Listen to the song above, and or sing for the moment(The one he re-did) not bad at all. "Look where its at, middle america now its a tragedy now its so sad to see, in upperclassity." Best line in the first song. "This is for anyone who's ever been through shit in they lives so they sit and they cried at night, wishin they died. So they threw on a rap record and they sit and they vibed, we nothin to you but we the fuckin shit in they eyes." Best part in the second song.

I dare you to expand your mind and listen to one of these songs. Personally I am into atleast a few songs from every group of music. Rap being the one I listen to most. But I always hear it taking the biggest beating, I'm sure there are some rap songs you would like, not just old school rap either :-/.

dude. its a band full of men, named the violent femmes. if you cant find the gay reference, then i imagine "highlights for children" was just outside the scope of your reasoning ability as well.

whats lost in this is that ranes rant went completely unrebuked. you guys must be slippin.