Can we rant about cops?

Tractor

Had a pretty good conversation with a cop today in westerville about squealing my tires graemlins/bsflag.gif

I was in my offroad truck and he didn't like that my truck squeals its tires around corners. I didn't get any tickets since I explained the truck has a spool in the rear. They squeal even at < 2 MPH around any corner.

For some reason I don't like cops attitudes most of the time. I really hate how they go harasing people for stuff like this, but never seem to be around when the assholes in the minivans run through lights after they've been red for 5 or 6 seconds.

Hey Evan, funny thing -- I probably saw you right before that happened. You were headed north on Westerville Rd. and turned right on Schrock (I was at Chipolte eating on the patio).

Glad to hear you didn't get a ticket. graemlins/thumb.gif

Guest riggs867

Limited slip diffs and posi diffs do it because the outside tire has to travel a longer distance than the inside tire. Since the weight is off of the inside tire, it usually spins.

Trucks usually do this at the rear axle, but 4x4's can do it on the front and rear, if they have lockers front and rear.

Any car can squeal the front tires, if the toe adjustment is a little out (alignment).

Yeah I went north on westerville rd. turning onto shrock rd the guy thought I was spinning my tires.

I think he left me alone mostly because I was in a beat to shit truck and he wouldn't have been able to tell my plate is from franklin county from his car anyway.

Evan

coshocton cops have to be the worst in the world in terms of harrasment. saturday night alot of people were sitting along main street and not one of the cars sitting around were on and a cop stops and begins yellin at a kid for reving his engine. the cop is a real d-bag he even ran my plates later that night for just driving around warsaw. (i was told the next morning by a friend with a scanner)

Originally posted by BLACK ITR GUY:

coshocton cops have to be the worst in the world in terms of harrasment. saturday night alot of people were sitting along main street and not one of the cars sitting around were on and a cop stops and begins yellin at a kid for reving his engine. the cop is a real d-bag he even ran my plates later that night for just driving around warsaw. (i was told the next morning by a friend with a scanner)

So true. It doesn't help when the entire County Sheriffs Department hates your whole family either. :mad:

I'm referring to my family for those of you who are a bit slower than the rest. ;)tongue.gif

Firat off you have to remember where you are your in westerville. The cops there are bored and look for any excuseto mess with anybody. Second the cop should know that if you are going slow around a corner and your tires squeal its not your fault. I would not have pulled you over or even bothered you. Remember not all cops are jerks!!

Just my 2 cents worth.

Originally posted by domestic_disturbance:

Why???what did you do Bobby?

I haven't done anything (except for a few speeding tickets), but my older brother on the other hand... well, that's a long story. Let's just say, that he gives me a bad name. ;)

Guest Harris92
Originally posted by SAWBINDER:

Firat off you have to remember where you are your in westerville. The cops there are bored and look for any excuseto mess with anybody. Second the cop should know that if you are going slow around a corner and your tires squeal its not your fault. I would not have pulled you over or even bothered you. Remember not all cops are jerks!!

Just my 2 cents worth.

Maybe Im slow but are you a cop yourself?

And if so, thats cool if you dont pull people over for that type of shit, I cant stand that

Guest Bottlefed70
Yeah I work for the City of Westerville and some of the stuff I hear that they do is amazing. They do get bored and sometimes they just go through neighborhoods and run plates all day long. Most of the cops are pretty cool but only if you know them. Its the rookies and the women cops that you have to keep in eye on. They try to be real tuff sometimes. The list can go on from what I've heard they've pulled people over for.

Originally posted by Bobby Lee:

I haven't done anything (except for a few speeding tickets), but my older brother on the other hand... well, that's a long story. Let's just say, that he gives me a bad name. ;)

bruce giving the family a bad name is see

I totally understand running plates and if they actually do that thats great I just wonder how many really bad people they end up harasing by doing that vs how many minor offenses they write when they probably wouldn't normal care. But bothering people for really dumb stuff is lame. I hope a westerville cop is on here. If someone knows one tell them to start stopping dumbass kids from run 50MPH through my neiborhood with there sound systems on at 2 or 3 AM on week nights. I used to have a very powerfull sound system in my truck, but shit I didn't play the damn thing in peoples hoods ever even in the daytime because it was totally louder than most of this pussy shit around here.

Me and my friend were pulled over by a local rookie Grandview cop, but the thing was when she pulled us over she couldn't think of the reason that she did so. First it was because we only had a rear tag and so my friend stated that it was because they are temp tags and they don't give you a front plate. So after deciding that maybe that wasn't the angle to take the approach at she told us we were speeding which I know for a fact we weren't. My friend politly asked if he could see the radar fixed and then she suddenly changed her story yet again to, I know you have been drinking. I smell alcohol. So she made my friend get out of the car and do a field sobriety test which he obviously passed with flying colors. He got back in the car she just then decided to take his license and registration back to her car. We sat there for around 15 minutes until she came back and mentioned that she knew one of us had been drinking, we all offered to take the test but she said, 'she didn't have time' or some bullshit like that. If she really thought we were drinking shouldn't she have done something? But in the end she just let us go but first she had to call backup to make sure that we weren't going to end her life I guess? I really hate this Grandview cop.. She's young and blonde. She's pulled me over more times then I can ever remember and never has a excuse.

I do work in the law enforcement field. I do run tags at random and you would be surprised at the number of people out there driving no ops and with warrants. However when you pull someone over for a minor violation you have to remember is it really worth it to bust someones balls just for that. Most of the time I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and give them a warning unless they are a real jerk about it, you show me respect and I will return the same respect to you.

Just remember if you are no ops and or you do have a warrant for your arrest I am going to take you to jail thats your fault not mine. Im just doing my job.

The whole stereo thing at 2 am I still have not been able to catch the jerk in my neighbor hood yet either.

Me and my friend were pulled over by a local rookie Grandview cop, but the thing was when she pulled us over she couldn't think of the reason that she did so. First it was because we only had a rear tag and so my friend stated that it was because they are temp tags and they don't give you a front plate.

Whenever I get hassled, I always say "You must be new at this" to the officer. Have not thought of anything that will piss them off more. Whenever I say that I end up beating the ticker smile.gif