S40 Brakes

SPLN SUX

This is the most simple caliper system ive ever seen.. to remove disassymble the entire caliper, 2 bolts. Yet, its the hardest change of pads ive ever expierenced. After removing those 2 bolts, the rotors rotate, but the calipers dont come off. Theres a sweet lip around the edge of the rotors to keep the pads seated strait. Even if you drian all the fluid from the caliper, the pistons still dont repress so you have to hit the hell out of the caliper with a large heavy object. My tool of choice was a 5lb sledgehammer.

The rear discs are solid, as in NOT vented so thats pretty gehy too.

Overall = i cant wait to do Big Brake kit.

Guest powers
I'm sure the lip is just worn. All you have to do is pry on the pads a little and the piston will move enough so that you don't have to beat your caliper off and ruin your bearings. How many cars have you done break jobs on? This is a very common set up/situation.

Guest Crankshaft
Originally posted by BLACK ITR GUY:

not thats she kitchen

<font color ="midnightblue"> So...I've just said, "not thats she kitchen", about 20 times, and every time I say it, it sounds funnier. Bad grammar aside, that's a really strange combination of words to try and say. Not thats she kitchen...not thats she kitchen...not thats she kitchen....not thats she kitchen..... when you say it all at once, it sounds Indian or like some other language. Not thats she kitchen.... graemlins/burnout02.gif