my friend needs a car

88lx5oh

he wants to spend $4000 or under

he wants somethign sporty, 2 door, decent gas milage and in good shape.

he is really interested in like talon or eclipse turbo. but any and all suggestions are great.

he is going to be buying whatever it is THIS WEEKEND. he needs a car asap

Guest xxxyyyzzz

'91 Audi Coupe Quattro, anyone?

106k miles on the 20v 5 cylinder (no turbo, 170hp or so)

Electronic locking rear differential, power factory glass sunroof, new Michelin Pilots, 5 speed, black leather and real wood, factory VDO guages, rear seat folds down for large items, unstoppable in snow and ice. 1 of 299 imported in '91.

Paint is shabby (no rust, the body is galvanized) the A/C needs recharged, no stereo in there right now, and the exhaust needs a new rear section.

This car handles great, very neutral, and is noticeably faster than my friend's pristine, babied, cream puff version. The only modification is a K&N drop-in filter element.

The sky's the limit on mods as 2Bennet Audimotive will swap in 20v turbo motors from Europe, with 6-speed tranny, plus there are tons of suspension upgrades available. I've seen these cars run at Mid-Ohio and modified they're absolute monsters. Stock, they're just a lot of fun, especially when the weather gets bad. Parts are readily available through several sources.

The 90k service was completed including timing belt, water pump, and a new auxiliary radiator to replace the original which was somewhat corroded.

Asking $3600, but if he's buying this weekend with cash in hand I'd be plenty flexible.

PM me or call 614-771-2798, ask for Matt.

Guest Ponyfreak
I have a 9X camry I just bought. Runs great, interior is nice. But the hood is fucked up and has no passenger fender. I have to get $350 for it or else I put a cage in it and have the time of my life jumping it on a dirt bike track.