1986 Corolla SR5 (AE86)

Kuruma

I reallt hate to do this, but I'm considering selling my AE86 hatchback. Silver, SR5 model, 5-speed transmission. The car is using an Edelbrock air cleaner instead of the stock one but I'll just give you the stock air cleaner with it too. This car needs to be with someone with the ability to maintain it/fix it back up, and that person isn't me anymore.

It needs ignition timing adjusted, and you should probably replace the vacuum hoses. (it's so far off the car is starting and dying right away. Started fucking up like that after taking the distributor out to have it tested.), a few other minor things here and there, and has your typical toyota rust here and there.

261K miles or so, but the gauge cluster is not the original one anymore, as it's been replaced with one out of a Corolla GT-S along with the steering wheel. Head gasket was replaced back in January. About to install the factory radio (AM/FM + tape player) I just picked up, as well as the replacement bezel to replace the stuff damaged by a thief stealing the MP3 player it had.

Overall in halfway decent shape for an AE86 up in these parts, open to trades or offers (especially trades for something that I can just drive reliably for a few months until I can get something better, even if it's FWD/Auto/Slow/Not great looking. I'm not being picky right now.). Good project car for someone wanting to do an SR5 to GT-S conversion, or for someone to fix up and use as a daily/beater/first stick shift/etc.

I'll also throw in an extra shifter, clutch and pressure plate, steering wheel, extra distributor, extra carb (needs to be rebuilt properly), a rebuild kit for the carb, and an extra fuse box. If I don't have this thing, I don't need them either.

Note: This car has a "rebuilt salvage" title, because the owner before the previous one was hit in the quarter panel, and the insurance company totaled out the car rather then paying to fix the quarter panel. She did not like that and bought it back from them, and paid to fix the damage herself. The car handles just fine. You may want to replace/repair the gas tank as well, as I was told not to fill it up all the way, but I've never bothered putting more then half a tank in at a time anyway, which was more then enough to make it up to cleveland when this thing was running right for me.

Other note: Car must be *towed*, you cannot drive this until you can get it to quit stalling out!

PM with offers/trades.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Kuruma_Kitsune/PICT0032.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Kuruma_Kitsune/PICT0030.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Kuruma_Kitsune/PICT0019.jpg

K, I'll give you a call tomorrow. I really don't want to get rid of this car just yet if I don't have to, and I'd be willing to wrench on it there and put work into fixing it as well. I'm just in way over my head on this one.