1961 Chevy C20 3/4 ton Short-Bed pickup truck

accordh22

Ok my father can no longer drive and he wants to get rid of his old truck. The truck has the original 235 inline 6cyl. It has the three speed on the tree. Truck needs restored but it is in decent shape for being this old. Before he got sick he put on a new holley carb and choke assembly, fuel pump, gas lines, top radiator hose and thermostat. It does run still. Will need a clutch soon. He has one but he left it out in the shed and the pressure plate is rusted up pretty good. If you have any questions about it feel free to ask. Heres a link to imagestation where I have some more pictures of it. He is asking 2k obo.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=3480110093

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/b16teggy/DSCN1202.jpg

Thats actually a good idea. Maybe sell the tickets for 10 bucks a piece or something. Id just have to get 200 ppl interested.lol I would really love to keep it and try to restore it myself but I dont have the place or tools. He got the truck right before he got sick and he planned on restoring it. But with lou gehrigs he cant even move anymore. They have him on percodans, vicodins, morphine, and valiums. So I could only imagine the pain. Im going to talk to him about this raffle deal and see his thoughts. I would probably only be able to keep the raffle local though since Im in cincy. But its still for sale either way. Thanks for the thoughts guys!

Contact local courthouse or something and find out about it, Im sure you could make it a community raffle, just have set a length of time like a onth or 2, only thing is if you dont sell them all, it may go for cheaper, Call some benefits places, tell them to set it up, 25 bucks a ticket, people will buy if not for the truck, as a donation to your family, ya know.

It is a litle easier being that he has been going through this for 18 months. He had Lou Gehrigs and this disease is so horrible to sit and watch it take its course. Turned a badass ex biker into a man that couldnt walk and barely could talk. He was taken to the hospital after he strated vomiting after trying to have a bowel movement. He could talk to us friday morning but by friday night he couldnt even talk. He slowly got worse and Wednesday fell into a coma type sleep. At 4:45am Thursday morning he left us. At least now hes out of pain and can do what he loves again. He only had this truck for like 6 months before he was diagnosed so he wasnt real attached to it or believe me I would keep it and finish it myself. He is being cremated and the money for the truck is paying for it. Someone please buy this! The low retail for it on www.nada.com is $4,883 average retail is $9,090 and high retail is $15,570. Someone could make some serious money if they restored this classic!!