90 Probe GT $1100 obo

SlowZ06

Okay, folks.... had a buyer, but the kid's dad decided the car would get him in trouble, so here goes.

1990 Ford Probe GT

Red/Red interior

173,XXX miles

5 speed

Power windows/door locks

Pop up/removable sunroof

Body is clean and rust free, paint in good shape except for small spot on hood I'll elaborate on later, interior also in nice shape considering its age. Turbo spools properly, and it runs very strong. I've been commuting in it for the last few weeks, it's a fun little beater. It's not perfect, however... these are the things it needs that I know of:

Tires

Exhaust manifold gasket (Common problem for these cars, it shuts up when it gets warm)

Power window on passenger side works, but goes up & down cockeyed... (I haven't bothered trying to figure out what's wrong with it.)

The muffler has a small hole in it, and isn't loud; but the hanger for it rattles when you start the car, and it's annoying as hell.

Heat shield for the manifold/turbo - it's apparently been missing for some time; it needs replaced not only because it burnt a small section of paint on the hood, but because it torches a set of plug wires about once a month. smile.gif

New:

Battery

Spark plugs

Wires (twice)

Oil change 500 miles ago with Castrol Syntec

It will have new belts tomorrow, because the alternator belt was pretty nasty when I got it, and it's down to two ribs at the moment... needs done.

Pioneer remote control detachable face CD player... animated graphic display; don't ask, all I know is how to turn it on and stick a CD in it.

That's it. I think I've made it sound worse than it is.... it's really a very nice car as far as these go... most of them are junk.

Asking $1100 obo, price is pretty negotiable; trades considered. Buckeye has dibs on it though; if he doesn't want it, other offers will be entertained. smile.gif I'll post pics when I get home from work tomorrow.

[ 25. November 2004, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: Zeitgeist ]

Bump ok so I bought this car but I have just been presented with a realy good chance to go to school next year, so the car is for sale again.

Fixed (or being fixed) since derrick's post on the car are

all New tires

Front brake pads

All exhaust problems fixed

Passengers window repaired

and some sort of heat sheid will be installed

I need to get 1500 firm, It is a super clean car and will run for a good bit before needing repairs