How much is my car worth?

Drakk0r1647545492

I'm considering selling my car, and I'm just curious how much I could sell it for. I've got about $12k invested in it. Here's what I've got;

1987 Turbocharged Base Mazda RX-7

74857 Original Miles

Rebuilt Streetported TII Engine (2,400 miles w/ proper breakin)

BNR Stage 2 Turbo

Front Mounted NPR Intercooler

Bonez Intake

Racing Beat 2.5" DP

Costom MP

Apex i N1 Single Cat-Back

998cc secondary injectors

Walbro 255lt/hr fuel pump

Tokiko Springs all around

Tokiko HP Struts all around

Indigo 9.5lb Flywheel

ACT Street/Strip clutch and pressure plate

Blackmagic Electric Fan

HKS AFR (fuel controller)

GReddy EGT gauge

GReddy Boost gauge

Innovate Motorports Wideband O2 Sensor

Hawk HP Plus Brake Pads

Motegi Racing FF6 Wheels (17x7)

Yokahama A550V tires (235/45R17 rear)

Falken FK451 tires (225/45R17 front)

I've also got an extra set of wheels that can go with the car. They're 15x7 PCW Model 151's. A silver 5 spoke design. Mounted on them are 205/55R15 Kuhmo Escta Supra 712's with about 6/32nd's tread left. Also included would be a Red TII hood in perfect condition. It just needs paint to match the car. If the hood isnt wanted, I can sell that seperately.

I also have many, many, misc parts. From an extra limited slip diff, to a replacement driver console.. And also, everything I pulled off the car (A/C, Clutch Fan, Air Pump, ect..)

I have it street tuned pretty well at the moment running about 12 psi boost. I havent dyno'd it yet, but people with similar mods, running a tad over 1 bar were making around 320rwhp. My car probably isnt close to that because of tuning. If I cant get what I want out of the car, I'll keep it and dyno tune it myself.

Now for the bad things...

-The cold start system was removed, so it doesnt idle well until at operating temp.

-The oil metering pump was removed for reliability's sake which requires premix in the fuel.

-There's no radio. It was stolen and I never replaced it since I hardley listened to it anyway.

-There seems to be a leak in the intake system. Probably in the intercooler piping. The guy that welded it for me didnt do such a great job. I'm in the process of getting that taken care of tho.

Pics will be up soon...

Oops. Could a mod please move this post to the Corral? Thanks..

Here are the pics.

http://home.columbus.rr.com/ebayzone/Car/Image00001.jpg

http://home.columbus.rr.com/ebayzone/Car/Image00002.jpg

http://home.columbus.rr.com/ebayzone/Car/Image00003.jpg

http://home.columbus.rr.com/ebayzone/Car/Image00004.jpg

My dad always told me that something is only worth as much as someone will give you for it... its value on the other hand, is about 60-70% of the blue book + any $$$ youve invested.

Lets say the car stock is wrth 3,000 + your 12,000 = 15,000 x .70 = 10,500

Expect anywhere from 8,000 to 10,000.

Originally posted by Volvolution:

My dad always told me that something is only worth as much as someone will give you for it... its value on the other hand, is about 60-70% of the blue book + any $$$ youve invested.

Except that investing money in a car generally doesn't bring back any kind of return, unless the car is a collector's item, i.e. a classic or an MKIV Supra.

Originally posted by Volvolution:

Please just shut the fuck up... Jesus Christ.

On another note, Glad to see that you're alive, Josh. Good luck with the sale.