Neofest

Guest adamspeck_07

I had a crappy day as well. I was fairly excited after getting the car dialed in on the dyno the previous week. However, after tech, I was changing my plugs and I noticed a nice milk shake effect under my oil cap. I knew the car wouldn't last very long. I had a bunch of clutch disengagement issues and had to waste the first 3 passes just trying to get it to release.

Of course on the 3rd pass, as I had just about had the clutch right, the HG let go. Oh well.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a lot of fun and everybodys cars ran well and all drove back home at the end of the day = the win. Mike & I just proved that you cant go out and drag race once a year and expect to make clean passes all day lol. Damn i was rusty-- most 60s were in the 1.8s and 1.9s and missed shifts here and there. My best 60-ft of the day was a 1.72 (and then a 1.74 so i started getting a little better as the day went on.

My VR4 went 11.62 @ 119 (Clutch held at the launch but not on top)

Mikes EVO went 11.9x @ 121 (That was STILL with missing 2nd)

Jeremys Stealth ran 12.89 @ 113 on like less than no boost

Tank won the auto-x with his 200SX (in his fwd class)

Customers 300ZX won an award in the car show

All-and-all we proved we arent hard-core drag racers but we got in close to 10 passes each and had a good time. Met a bunch of people all day so it was well worth the frustration of crappy launches and missed shifts...

Thanks to everyone who stopped by our booth and complimented the cars and such.

Jeff

hey jeff, sorry i never made it over to show you my car but i was busy all day long. i don't know if you stayed till the end but i ended up wining the fast 4 imports. i was also fighting 60' all day long so it was'nt you guys they did'nt prep the track at all i am allways in the 1.62-1.65 range out there and my best yesterday was 1.72 i even brought my drag launch back and dropped tire pressure and was still spinning all the way through 1st. but good job to you guys and it was nice to see you all out there.

Track prep was the best I've ever seen it at Trails, except on TV for the Nationals. They actually had VHT down for a change but after the initial prep they didn't do anything so the track just kept getting worse. Saw Sam hit 130+ spinning the tires and the clutch from the sound of it, and some of the RX7's also put up some impressive trap speeds. Fun time and a good event, just wish they would have it at Norwalk.;)

hey jeff, sorry i never made it over to show you my car but i was busy all day long. i don't know if you stayed till the end but i ended up wining the fast 4 imports.

No problem man--i got to check it out in the staging lanes a couple times and she was looking very nice. Love seeing "Show quality" cars able to be running low 11s at the same time. That powdercoating is purty :)

We didnt end up staying to the very end (somehow i red-lighted on my last qualifying pass ?) and so we packed it up around 8:30. I called back to get updates and heard you ended up winning it last night -- Congratulations!

Saw Sam hit 130+ spinning the tires and the clutch from the sound of it' date=' and some of the RX7's also put up some impressive trap speeds.[/quote']

Sam looked like he was spinning all thru 3rd from the couple passes i saw -- car is badass. I keep liking the Z06s more and more :)

What RX7s trapped high? I only saw Zavier and Steves first passes and they both trapped 111 or 113 if i remember correctly (with Z equally my impressive 14.0 from last year :) ). Karl was right around there from the few i saw (running his 12.80s of course) and didnt see any others out. Just curious...

I thought I saw the blue one(steve?) go 12X.XX on a 15 second pass. Could be mistaken though. It looked like he missed a gear, got it back in and just took off around the 330' mark. I didn't see Zaiver with the red one make a clean pass, just a couple 110+ traps with horrible ET's. There was a silver wingless FD with some stickers or graphics on it too, that was the only FD I saw make it into the 13's other than Karl.

Track prep was the best I've ever seen it at Trails' date=' except on TV for the Nationals. They actually had VHT down for a change but after the initial prep they didn't do anything so the track just kept getting worse. Saw Sam hit 130+ spinning the tires and the clutch from the sound of it, and some of the RX7's also put up some impressive trap speeds. Fun time and a good event, just wish they would have it at Norwalk.;)[/quote']

i run at trails 1-2 times a week all summer long and that was the worst i have seen the track all summer. it was about as bad as it was when they opened this year when they had no rubber down. wednesday my 60' were 1.6 all night and i had to turn my drag launch down and air my tires down and i was still spinning all 4 tires through 1st gear and having to lift to get it to stop spinning. thats pretty bad track prep cause my car don't make that much power on pump gas.

i was having boost issues and traction problems pretty much the whole day, i wasn't very happy with their track prep either. i think my best trap was 114 on the last run when it finally held 16psi, i sandbagged a little bit...the car just doesn't feel safe above 100+, it starts to get light and wants to float and i get nervous...but at least my fender rubbing problem has been eliminated.

Going up to the track rusty nags at what we could do if we practiced more often!(trying to find the positive somewhere)anyways

I ran a 113 at 12.8 first run on street tires and after some suspension tweeks (thanks Ips for the jack) found 3mph and shaved 2 tenths off my time.Yes i,m still a hobbyist after 4 years lol.

so what was the winning import quick 4 time?

Cut off for the Quick-4 was like an 11.90 i believe but Andy will have to post as to what he ran to win the finals. I think there were 7-8 of us total in the 11s and i believe Alex's STI had the best pass of the day with an 11.3 @ 13x

in the final i went 12.90 @ 100mph, i lifted @ half track cause i was so far ahead i thought he broke something. then i seen his headlights go up and i tought oh shit so i down shifted to 4th and had to respool my turbo and i went through .08 seconds ahead of alex. so atleast i won and i learned a good leason and i will never lift again in heads up racing. alex's best pass was 11.31 @ 132.xx i believe and mine was 11.82 @ 117.xx with a crappy 60'. also i was only on pump gas yesterday i still have yet to run race gas.

Cut off for the Quick-4 was like an 11.90 i believe but Andy will have to post as to what he ran to win the finals. I think there were 7-8 of us total in the 11s and i believe Alex's STI had the best pass of the day with an 11.3 @ 13x

the cut off was 11.85 witch was what i ran in my last qualifier. before that it was 12.08.

Track prep was shitty. Car would not hook to save its life. MY best run was 11.68 @ 130 with a good ole 2.2 60'. Catn wait for norwalk to come to get to make a decent pass on a good track.

I heard that run... didnt see it, but i did see the board light up after i heard your car. It was the best sound i heard all day.

Seeing all those fast cars out there made me realize that working with the Volvo is sort of a lost cause. Sure i could do some stuff to it to make it stand out a little more (i was refered by some of the races as "the driver of THE Volvo") but really i think id be wasting my time trying to make quick passes with it... too many question marks. I think i may just start trying to get the Z24 back together and take a plasma cutter to it and go from there.

I had a crappy day as well. I was fairly excited after getting the car dialed in on the dyno the previous week. However, after tech, I was changing my plugs and I noticed a nice milk shake effect under my oil cap. I knew the car wouldn't last very long. I had a bunch of clutch disengagement issues and had to waste the first 3 passes just trying to get it to release.

Of course on the 3rd pass, as I had just about had the clutch right, the HG let go. Oh well.

Were you the white GSX on the trialer???? Also, wth does "HG" stand for... i probably know and am just having a retarded moment... also known as my life ;)

Guest gearhead2
yes that neon was moving, i just want to know did that yellow viper ever make a full run it was coming off hard couldnt hook after about 45, he let off still running like a 13

yes that neon was moving, i just want to know did that yellow viper ever make a full run it was coming off hard couldnt hook after about 45, he let off still running like a 13

The Viper ended up running a 9.2 @ 157 at the end of the day :)