Neofest

Guest adamspeck_07

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chiming in a little late but yeah I couldn't get my car to hook at the track either and ran slower times than I was $1000 ago in my car :(

You werent in the Blue Jetta that i ran (White VR4) by any chance were you? Just curious...

yeah that's my me I don't know what the deal was with me...

Oh, i wasnt saying you ran poorly--just putting a face to a boardname :)

Just because you spent some money on the car doesnt mean its exponentially faster all the sudden. As the car gets faster it will get harder and harder to drive -- just go back out and youll get the hang of it.

A year ago my car ran a 14.0 and you were my first race since then. Without any major parts changes (clutch being the biggie) i dropped 2 seconds with just getting used to the car and getting the bugs worked out.

Hang in there--itll get quicker. Otherwise do what i do and throw so many parts at it that it has no choice but to get faster eventually :)

Oh, i wasnt saying you ran poorly--just putting a face to a boardname :)

Just because you spent some money on the car doesnt mean its exponentially faster all the sudden. As the car gets faster it will get harder and harder to drive -- just go back out and youll get the hang of it.

A year ago my car ran a 14.0 and you were my first race since then. Without any major parts changes (clutch being the biggie) i dropped 2 seconds with just getting used to the car and getting the bugs worked out.

Hang in there--itll get quicker. Otherwise do what i do and throw so many parts at it that it has no choice but to get faster eventually :)

Not everyone is rich or a baller like you are though Jeff.

;)

yea being used to the car makes a big difference.... Take GRN96WS6's 60ft for example... 2.162 whilst running a 13.80. At some point in the past i ran a 2.003 60ft while running a 15.12 in the Z24. Just knowing the vehical can make drastic differences in the cars overall acceleration.

BTW it took me almost 3yrs to figure out how to get from 2.266 to 2.003 in that car. It turned out the "worst" way according to everyone else was actully the best way fo that perticular tire. I had to spin the tire a hair faster than if it was just gettting full grip and allow it to go into a short hop. Normally, this is something you want to aviod, but it seems to be the best way to do it.

Actually i was just joking with the "throw as many parts as you can at it" thing -- its from a sig over on 3si.

"You have 2 choices. A) You can select a well chosen group of parts that not only will make the power you expect but will work well together and then tune them to 99% of their capabilities, or B) You can just throw so many parts at it the car has no choice but to go fast"

A is quite a bit cheaper :)