Dyno'd her again.....The K5

Putty

yea i was there last night with the 750 lets just say i need practice all the dyno numbers that night were high like my buddy was on his 01 1000 gsxr and he got an 8.71 now i know that it wouldnt do that at the track but it is fast

yea i was there last night with the 750 lets just say i need practice all the dyno numbers that night were high like my buddy was on his 01 1000 gsxr and he got an 8.71 now i know that it wouldnt do that at the track but it is fast

LMFAO.......I'd say it's just a tad off with an 8.71!

when do they do this? ive heard about it and would like to put my bike on it just to see what it says.

putty, have you ever taken your bike to the track? whats the diff. in numbers that it runs there, as to the numbers it runs on the dyno? also, is the HP number an accurate dyno figure? can they give you torque ratings too?

They will give HP and TQ readings on a dyno but they are really just a baseline for other mods. You can't really compare the readings to other dyno's because all dyno's are different and react differently to each bike on different days because of many things like wheel spin, meteorlogical conditions, heat, ram-air effects, etc....

As for the 1/4-mile estimated numbers they are only for fun. You will never be able to launch a bike at the track like you can on one of those dyno simulators. They are nice for dreaming though....

wow, the new 1000's do 150 in the 1/4? Ye haw. Freind of mine builds arguably the best turbo kits for the Busa's. He rode a 8.64@184mph on his personal bike. Made 631whp 301 ft lbs. He also built the current land speed record holder in the stock fender class.-248mph-

I rode the pig, and there is really no fucking point to 600+whp on a bike. When the boost comes in in any gear, you just think your going to die it pulls so hard.

Yes sir, the one and only nutcase. He just finished his new daily, just a mild set up for him- 550whp. We built some headers and exaust for big horse bikes for him, and one 700whp beast for some guy with terminal cancer. Kind of crazy.

Did you see him on the discovery channel for the top speed run on the salt flats?

They will give HP and TQ readings on a dyno but they are really just a baseline for other mods. You can't really compare the readings to other dyno's because all dyno's are different and react differently to each bike on different days because of many things like wheel spin, meteorlogical conditions, heat, ram-air effects, etc....

As for the 1/4-mile estimated numbers they are only for fun. You will never be able to launch a bike at the track like you can on one of those dyno simulators. They are nice for dreaming though....

i see, so basically its just a regular dyno, and then they calculate whatever a 1/4 mile would be during the pulls? i just wasnt sure if there was a difference in the dyno drag dynos and a regular dyno...

when and where do they do this? i see whiskey dick's on the scans, any other places? does it cost anything? id just like to see what kind of numbers my bike would put down just for shits and giggles.

You would be better off taking it to a real dyno with a sniffer to see what kind of a tune your bike has. Plus they will make 3 back-to-back pulls and it will give you a more accurate estimate of what your bike puts down.

When they run the bike through the gears the numbers are higher than normal. If they do a standard pull in 4th gear like they should it will be better for you and your bike.