check this sheet out

alibies

my car has been freakin out for the longest time and i couldnt find out whats wrong with it, well turns out that my catalytic converter is clogged and has been for about 3 years? just recently it got to the point where it started cause an exhaust leak which ended up melting a vaccume line, causing my breaks to go out... (e-break=love) to get it fixed its gonna cost me around 700 bucks... 600 for a new cat and 100 for labor... can i just put a freakin straight pipe through there and plug the sensors into it? if so how much would something like this cost? its not a fast car i just dont want to spend 700 bucks... its a i4 zetec motor in a 96 ford contour mtx

thanks

brad

if the o2's are supposed to be behind the cats then you will have to get them shut off in the computer. Not a real big deal or anything just going to be a hassle. Also if ya want a cheap cat, summit and jegs both sell cats for about $100 then just take it somewhere and have them put it on.

if the o2's are supposed to be behind the cats then you will have to get them shut off in the computer. Not a real big deal or anything just going to be a hassle. Also if ya want a cheap cat, summit and jegs both sell cats for about $100 then just take it somewhere and have them put it on.

you don't "have" to shut them off, it will just throw a code, but it's an emmissions code that does not effect engine performance at all. my check engine light has been on for over 2 years because of no cats. if/when something happends, a car guy can tell long before a damn dash light tells them.