Just my luck

desperado

Well, murphy (the law guy) stopped by today to say hello. And while he was around, knowing that I am looking for a house so I need to keep my cash outlay to a minimum, he got up to his tricks and broke the motor mount in the Dodge Pickup I have and sat the motor down with the passenger manifold laying against the frame rail. So now, I have a Geo Tracker (just bought) with a stunning 30 PSI of compression on the number 3 cylinder, the pickup with a motor that is trying hard to fall out on the ground. Abd the Camaro that seems to be leaking a bit of oil from the left cylinder head some place, but not sure where just yet. And I am going to Chicago on Sunday for work. This sucks!

Damn dude, just weld the dodge back together, do you know if the trackers problem is bottom end, or top end related, ( pending on which, there are some cheap easy solutions to certain problems ) the camaro is a project car, don't worry too much about the oil leak, just make sure it's full before you start it up. You are'nt driving that one everyday anyhow, and be happy the durango is still all good. if shit really hits the fan just put the oddyssey back together and drive that for a while. It can keep up in traffic :p

Tracker is a top end problem I think, maybe a head gasket. As far as the truck, it will fix. It's just a pain in the ass to have two vehicles that are down. The timing for having all this hit, just as I am going out of town sucks. But I will get things done in Chicago, get back here and get this shit all fixed, I suppose I just needed to bitch about it some.

Well, it was neither a hole in the piston or a head gasket. Turns out it was a burnt valve. Damn thing, at least that's cheap to repair. I can just go get a valve, the seat is in good shape and is concentric. So that's one down.

As far as the truck, I will start thrashing on it once the Tracker is back together and on the road.