Coltboostin's freeway vid...

ChevyMan1972

Everyone,

This was posted on columbusdsm. Just to show the simple fact that he may be retarted for takin this car up to these high ass speeds and being unsafe. If you do the math with his final gear ratio and tire size it = somewhere around 170-176mph take a look...

http://thelotspot.com/videos/jppull.wmv

Dan

Has anyone actually riden in this thing?? It seems to jump up there in an instant. Which makes it hard to believe. What does this little thing look like??

It looks like a death trap. The spedo is legit as is his 140 or something trap mph. It is a very light car with a very large turbo.

Just an observation but he shifted into fifth gear at around 130mph and the rpm's dropped alot, did he put different gears in this thing cause the last colt I drove would not have been turning such low rev's at 130 in fifth, not that it would have gotten there because it didnt have a turbo or any kind of balls for that matter but the rpm's just seem awfully low to me.

Just an observation but he shifted into fifth gear at around 130mph and the rpm's dropped alot, did he put different gears in this thing cause the last colt I drove would not have been turning such low rev's at 130 in fifth, not that it would have gotten there because it didnt have a turbo or any kind of balls for that matter but the rpm's just seem awfully low to me.

I'm guessing but its a 5 speed, welded dif, 1st gen from a dsm.

Might be wrong though.

heres what i dont get... how does one spool a "very large" turbo up to 60ish inHG, on a 2.0L engine so quickly??? There are only two things i can think of that would makethat happen... nitrous, or a tunnel ram.

(60inHG + N2O) (any car) = fast as all fuck

I just dont see how a car could do 65 to 95 in less than 2 seconds and still be road worthy :confused:

He has a built head with HKS cams and his turbo is a little bigger than a t3/t4 i believe, not exactly massive by any means but big enough to trap 135 pretty consistantly. With a free flowing exhaust he shouldn't have to much trouble spooling that thing up by 4k. The cars legit, i've seen it run many times at the track. It is a death trap and i think some safety issues are being worked out last i heard so it might not be as scary to ride in soon.

heres what i dont get... how does one spool a "very large" turbo up to 60ish inHG, on a 2.0L engine so quickly??? There are only two things i can think of that would makethat happen... nitrous, or a tunnel ram.

(60inHG + N2O) (any car) = fast as all fuck

I just dont see how a car could do 65 to 95 in less than 2 seconds and still be road worthy :confused:

Road Worthy is a far stretch of words.

Spool quickly....is far stretch of words.

Turbo is a 60-1, with some modifications

No nitrous, 272s @ 28+ some psi on Wiesco bottom end, 3 degrees down from stock advance, AV gas.