Wheel/Tire Fitment

70rsz28

I'm going to be buying 2 17x9 wheels for the front of the Mustang and 2 17x10.5 wheels for the rear(Fender Lip getting rolled and a vary small tub will be done). I'm going to put a 245-55-17 on the front or maybe 255-55-17 depending on the rear tire size and if 255 will fit on the front. What I need to know is how wide of a tire can I put on a 17x10.5 without the tire bulging out, I don't mind a little bulge but I don't want alot. I'm trying to get a really badass stance out of it so it will prolly be on Maximum Motorsports Adjustable Coil-Over so its gonna be low.

are you 4 lug or 5 lug, my 275/40/17's rubbed in the rear of my 90 with 5 lug rear disc when i had my shocks adjusted loose/

def go with 255/40/17 in the front on a 9 inch rim.

315/35/17 will look nice on a 10.5 inch rim if you can fit it.

for my 9 inch rims and to fit 275/40's i had to remove quad shock or cut the casing off and remove tail pipes

My car will be 5-lug. The car is completly apart becuase I have to weld in a new torque box, 1/4 panels, floor boards(patches), some front sub frame, and a roll cage. So at that point it would be very easy to also do a mini tub. With a good set of Rear uppers and lowers I dont need quad shocks anyways, so I should be able to get a 315 on it fine.