shawnee state forest?

Science Abuse

havent been there yet, been wanting to go for awhile for hopefully more of a challenge.

I usually hike the zaleski trail, 24.5 miles, but its nothing now.

Be a champ, hike the whole 40 mile shawnee trail ;)

By the way, when I say hike I mean with my full backpack, camping outside, then getting up and hiking some more with all that weight. If I dont have the weight, then hike=run, and I make through the trail as fast as possible. If you walk a trail with just a granola bar a canteen and your "hiking stick", then you're a pussy :D

havent been there yet, been wanting to go for awhile for hopefully more of a challenge.

By the way, when I say hike I mean with my full backpack, camping outside, then getting up and hiking some more with all that weight. If I dont have the weight, then hike=run, and I make through the trail as fast as possible. If you walk a trail with just a granola bar a canteen and your "hiking stick", then you're a pussy :D

Do I have to remind you who your talking to? :p Actualy this is a trip for my GF and a couple freeinds, I'll be at home watching the boy. They want to "practice" a bit before they agree to join me in the mountains.

Rucksack, 2 canteens, body armor, brain bucket, 250 rounds of ammo, and a m-16. Only way to hike.

hmmmmmmm

If you walk a trail with just a granola bar a canteen and your "hiking stick", then you're a pussy :D

I'll take that challenge. ;) I'll see if the grand folks will babysit for the weekend, and I'll do the south trail with nothing more then will fit my pockets. Food, light, emergency blanket, and a liter of water....and bug spray. ;)

what are the campsites like?

did it..it was some of the toughest trail Ive ever done, far tougher then I'd expect from ohio. I packed light, which is good, because my GFs boots were too tight and jacked up her feet, and I carried all her crap out from about the half way point. In the full day we hiked we covered about 10-11 miles and climbed and descended about 2100 ft of elevation. Its folliage was thick and the hills were steep, it had a jungle feel to it. I'd recomend it for anyone planing to hit some mountains.

I got busted bang'n my wife at one of the overlooks when we 1st met. There was some family pulling up in their mini van and my wife and I ducked behind some bushes and got dressed and casually walked back to the car and got the hell out of there... Ahhh the good ol' days!!

did it..it was some of the toughest trail Ive ever done, far tougher then I'd expect from ohio. I packed light, which is good, because my GFs boots were too tight and jacked up her feet, and I carried all her crap out from about the half way point. In the full day we hiked we covered about 10-11 miles and climbed and descended about 2100 ft of elevation. Its folliage was thick and the hills were steep, it had a jungle feel to it. I'd recomend it for anyone planing to hit some mountains.

good to know, if i ever get a day off work, ill try it out