running out of fuel

ghost1647545489

Well I went to trails and ran the 1/4 mile It seems when Im hitting third gear im running out of fuel. Is the only thing I can do is put in a 03 cobra pump to correct this or what?

Fuel system now is 42lb injectors and 250lph pump that was included with my supercharger kit.

If anyone has any recomendations please let me know.

I dont think im running out of injector cause car only makes a little over 400hp. I am going to check the fuel preasure this weekend, The car was dyno tuned and everything checked out fine but they didnt floor it through every gear burning all that fuel then hitting third and fourth. I just know its a can pump which means it only holds so much fuel before it runs out unlike the cobra pump.

The pumps they supply with those kits are usually Walbro pumps and they are designed for Return style fuel systems, not returnless style systems like you have. They supply them because they are a cheap, short-term fix.

The pumps for returnless systems are designed to vary pressure with voltage. The Walbro runs best full on. My guess is the pump is starting to fail and they always do in returnless systems. We usually refuse to tune returnless cars with Walbro pumps for this reason

A single SVT Focus pump will be OK up to about 400 RWHP or so. If you go to Cobra pumps, you also need the tank or you'll suck the fuel can dry, maybe not on the dyno, but you will at the track.

You'll need to get a retune when you upgrade pumps - and whoever tuned it needs to most likely modify some things to make it work best.