Where to go?

Guest MadMardigan

• 3 weeks later...

Mid-Ohio - very expensive but you can attend a school in your car. I think it is a least $800 for a day.

Nelson Ledges(Ohio) usually has open track time you will need to call them to find our when. It used to be $100 but they may be charging more now.

Grattan(Michigan) has open track time also. They do not check to see if you are a licensed racer and there is no tech. Last year I think we paid $125. Nice track but a long drive.

IRP(Indiana) - usually on Fridays. Not sure of the cost it has been a couple of years since I have been there.

Gingerman(Michigan) - may also have open track time

Shad

There is a BMW driver's school at Mid Ohio the last weekend in October. Its usually about $350/weekend but well worth it. You'll get about 3 hours of track time total. I have no idea if the school is filled up by now or not.(probably is).

Mike are you going up with the BMW club? I had everything filled out and then found out that I probably would have to work that weekend so I never sent it in.

Shad

I won 't be there. I have another project I'll be working on that weekend. ;)

Guest Propane
There is a BMW driver's school at Mid Ohio the last weekend in October. Its usually about $350/weekend but well worth it. You'll get about 3 hours of track time total. I have no idea if the school is filled up by now or not.(probably is).

Those are awesome... I know a few of the instructors up there and didnt drive but had fun in the classes and hangin out with people... The classes are awesome and the instructors (that I know) are all fun and cool people...

Ill probablly be up there for the this one too if anyone from around here is interested in driving up in a group let me know...

I know of driver schools (HDPE) that are held all over OHio and Indiana, it is held by the Ohio/Indiana chapter of the Nasa organization(National Auto Sport Association) their driver schools consist of around 3 hours of seat time per day using your own car, for less than $400 per weekend, that sounds like a deal to me... they actually have a 3 day Mid-Ohio event every year that I think is like $380 for all three days... all you need is a approved help and tech inspected car... you also go at your own pace so you are not pushed so much... I hope this helps...