I heard a rumor!

ChevyMan1972

get an o2 simulater

Those are to eliminate post-cat O2s. You still need your pre-cat O2(s) to work in conjuction with your MAF, AFAIK.

I do know that, atleast for LSx motors, you can run a speed density tune and eliminate the MAF and all of your O2s. The way I understand it is that the motor runs off of IATs and MAP sensor readings only, and takes barometric pressure out of the equation.

Not saying this is 100% accurate, it's just the way I understand it.

Anothy MIke never had a "8 sencond bottome end car" he ran nines with his stock bottom end on his yellow CE when the incon was in it. now its supporting a T88 custom single kit that has done bottom nines with a built w2w ls2.

there fomula has a w2w 403-408 iron block that has seen low 8's

come on you should know this.

as for turbo kits for the vette id be all over this

http://www.proturbokits.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=149

hpturbo kits have gotten a bad rep with not delevering complete kits with missing parts and not delievering them at all.

Those are to eliminate post-cat O2s. You still need your pre-cat O2(s) to work in conjuction with your MAF, AFAIK.

I do know that, atleast for LSx motors, you can run a speed density tune and eliminate the MAF and all of your O2s. The way I understand it is that the motor runs off of IATs and MAP sensor readings only, and takes barometric pressure out of the equation.

Not saying this is 100% accurate, it's just the way I understand it.

I'm not an LS1 guy, but most speed density systems would still use pre cat O2 sensors. They use IAT and MAP readings to determine airflow but they are still piggybacked onto the factory ECU. Most factory ECUs usually use O2 feedback when the car is in closed loop (cruising, idle ETC...)

Do you think that would clog your injectors, too?

No, it shouldn't clog injectors. What it does to O2 sensors is similar to what happens with exhaust valve seats. The same stuff that would build up the seat gets all over the sensor and makes it not read. A tank of leaded once in a while probably wouldn't screw a sensor. But it could effect tuning because of the bad readings as the coating got on the sensor. It does the same thing to the cats, because a cat doesn't get hot enough to burn the crap so it deposits in the cat.

A guy over on another Mustang forum built a TT setup similar to that STS one, but he did it himself. Put the airfilters near the vents on the sides, pretty cool.

Looks sweet, and leaves the engine bay clearer.

Now, let's see how much power he gains.