Anything & Everything 78 Chevy 1/2 ton

nurkvinny

I just started parting out a 78 Chevy 1/2 ton tonight. Truck was complete 2 hours ago. :) Reg cab, long bed.

350 V8, granny 4-speed, 4x4, heavy duty case, old 15x10 alum wheels, homemade rollbar, etc, etc.

The body is not pretty at all. Everything besides the engine / trans / case/ front&rear ends will be near free... make offers. I am not going to list 400 parts with prices. :)

Again, everything is there... wiper motor, blower motor, wiring, lights, bumpers, tailgate, hinges, ETC.

Let me know what you could use.

EDIT.

-- Radiator pending sale.

EDIT #2.

-- Engine is spoken for. The trans and case are an SM465 4-spd and an NP205 T-Case. (Engine is now gone.)

what do you ask for just the engine?

I was going to pull the oil pan and see if it is a 2-bolt or 4-bolt before I put a price on it, but $275 takes it now, carb to oilpan, flywheel to waterpump. If I have it long enough to find out it's a 4-bolt, the price will go up. :)

It started and ran, but needs torn down and freshened.

What model tranny and what kind of condition was the tranny in.

What spurred your decision to part it out?

I'm thinking of swapping the motor and tranny into my CJ, but I need reliability as its my daily driver.

What spurred me was that I bought the truck with the intentions of parting it out. The 4 speed is still in the truck; you are welcome to come check it out. I drove it less than 1 mile all told. It went into all gears smoothly; needs a clutch (which I'm sure you would do during a swap regardless). I can get you more info on the transmission once I get it out. I just searched the Corral forum for the old thread, but it is gone.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you ever get that .22lr pistol you were looking for? I have a beretta neos 22 with a red dot scope that would be perfect for varmints, we might be able to work a trade and a little cash for the engine and tranny.

I also have a Walther P22 set w/ the 3.5" and 5" barrel if interested.

Did you ever get that .22lr pistol you were looking for? I have a beretta neos 22 with a red dot scope that would be perfect for varmints, we might be able to work a trade and a little cash for the engine and tranny.

I also have a Walther P22 set w/ the 3.5" and 5" barrel if interested.

Ended up getting an airgun on Steroids. It is taking care of things quite well. :) Don't need any more guns right now.

• 2 weeks later...