Medal of Honor Pacific Assault (for the PC)

lemosley01

I just bought Medal of Honor:Pacific Assault Director's cut and have beaten it already. Good game and difficult - you will spend many frustrating hours yelling at the computer, but it is worth it when you beat the level. Time well spent.

I got this from EBGames used for 17.99. I'd like 15 OBO for it. BTW, the Director's Cut is on DVD, so if you don't have DVD-ROM in your computer, this will not work.

http://www.eagames.com/official/moh/pacificassault/us/home.jsp

How's the playability as a 1st person shooter?

It's a fun game, there are just some hard parts. I played on medium and didn't find it impossible, just difficult. It has a realistic setting if you're really hardcore. It's more realistic than games like quake and unreal tournament, but not hyperrealistic like, say the Ghost Recon series or SWAT 4 (where if someone looks at you cross-eyed, you will die).

It's unlike other WWII-based FPS, in that you spend a lot of time creeping through the jungle looking to get the bad guys.

You are part of a team of 4 or more throughout the entire game, one of which is a medic. You can command the guys in basic manner (eg, covering fire, advance, retreat), and you can get healed by your medic a limited number of times per mission.

I thought it was well put together, although, I'll admit, I didn't like it as much as the original MOH:Allied Assault.

• 3 months later...