Holy shit! Go Bucks!

Casper

I don't see how that's possible. The only way OSU will play USC for the national title (I think it's pretty safe to say USC will be defending their title, unless something crazy happens) is if Texas and VT lose a game this year and some how OSU gets ranked in front of them. Or they lose two games. I'm not saying it can't happen, it just doesn't seem very possible. However, OSU should win the rest of their games this season. But regardless of UM's record at the time, that game will still be tough... :)

USC very well could get beat by Arizona State this very weekend. ASU has a tremendous offense - they should have beat LSU, which has a very good defense.

Speaking of LSU, they lost, and now should be ranked below Ohio State. That will put us up to at least 7th in the polls.

Virginia Tech still has to go through Miami and Florida State - as good as Virginia Tech looks (and, for the record, from what I saw from them in the Georgia Tech game, they look incredibly good), I still don't think they will win both of those.

Florida State will lose to Florida. FSU is not that good. Seriously.

Texas will probably choke against Oklahoma this year like they do every year. If not, they could get whacked in the Big 12 championship game. Maybe by Iowa State?

Georgia's kind of in the same predictament as Virginia Tech - they're in a tough conference and they've got too many tough games left, including a championship game, to get through completely unscathed.

So, I think I've touched on all of the teams that stand in the way - USC (1), Texas (2), VA Tech (3), FSU and Florida (who'll move up to 4 and 5 with the LSU loss), and Georgia. Am I leaving anyone out? If not, then it sounds like a fairly pausible scenerio - Ohio State, should they run the table, have a legitimate shot at the championship game.

Ohio State can and SHOULD run the table. We don't play our two most troublesome opponents - Wisconsin and Purdue - and Michigan, well, sucks.

I love talking about this stuff.

I have a friend here at work that says Pen state will be OSU. His reasoning is its a night game at PSU. I guess pen State has never lost a night game at home.

I dont see it happening, but OSU has a tendency to play sporatic. Super good one week and so so another. Hopefully the offense will be consistant and we win out.

I guess pen State has never lost a night game at home..

Neither had Ohio State until Texas.

Penn State is flooded with young talent at wide receiver. That makes them dangerous. A night game there will be nuts. If they happen to beat Minnesota this week, they'll be even crazier come time for Ohio State, since they will (1) be unbeaten and (2) essentially control their destiny for winning the Big 10.

That being said, Penn State will lose to Ohio State in two weeks.

some of you are forgetting some important things!

1. although i don't see it happening...there is a chance USC will lose in a couple of weeks.....in south bend to the IRISH!! it outta be real good!

2. it's always better to lose early, so if texas, v-tech, or USC lose they WILL DROP BELOW OSU!!! putting us back in the big game!

3. MICHIGAN SUX DONKEY BALLZ ;)

Neither had Ohio State until Texas.

Penn State is flooded with young talent at wide receiver. That makes them dangerous. A night game there will be nuts. If they happen to beat Minnesota this week, they'll be even crazier come time for Ohio State, since they will (1) be unbeaten and (2) essentially control their destiny for winning the Big 10.

That being said, Penn State will lose to Ohio State in two weeks.

I'm with everything you're saying.. Biggest problem may be passing Texas though. You gotta believe they'll lose atleast one, but it's gonna be tough to pass them having lost to them.. Hopefully they blow 2 games.. or maybe USC gets blown out and Ohio State can pass them.. All kinds of possibilities.. As long as Ohio State keeps winning.. and the more convincingly the better..

I'm not so sure that they would drop USC down past us if they lost. Face it - the pollsters are on USC's nuts, and for good reason. USC has won a lot of games in a row and spent a long time at No. 1 in the polls. They would have to get creamed to fall below Ohio State in the polls, in my opinion. However, I think they would fall to, say, around 5th or 6th with a loss in the next week or two. Not sure about how all the computer rankings and what not would pan out, but dropping USC down to 5th or 6th in the polls may be enough to put them below Ohio State in the overall BSC formula.

Doesn't really matter - USC can run it out, just as long as all the other teams cooperate and lose for us. Then, we'll have a championship game heralded in much the same way as the Ohio State-Miami game of 2002: USC would be overwhelming favorites with their offense, and Ohio State would end up winning because of their defense. :)

I'm with everything you're saying.. Biggest problem may be passing Texas though. You gotta believe they'll lose atleast one, but it's gonna be tough to pass them having lost to them.. Hopefully they blow 2 games.. or maybe USC gets blown out and Ohio State can pass them.. All kinds of possibilities.. As long as Ohio State keeps winning.. and the more convincingly the better..

You're right. For us to leapfrog Texas, they'd need to get embarrassed, and we'd have to keep winning big to convince the pollsters of the "well- Texas-was-better-when-they-played-back-then-but-Ohio State-is-the-better-team-right-now" thing.

1. USC - will not lose this season

2. Texas - MIGHT lose to A&M or if some miracle, OU

3. Va tach - unproven, will lose to Miami, BC, someone

4. LSU - already lost

5. Florida - still has georgia and FSU.. will lose one of those

6. FSU - give me a break, has anyone seen them play? fucking terrible

7. Georgia - go vols

8. OSU - no one is going to beat us the rest of the season... USC - OSU in the title.

1. USC - will not lose this season

2. Texas - MIGHT lose to A&M or if some miracle, OU

3. Va tach - unproven, will lose to Miami, BC, someone

4. LSU - already lost

5. Florida - still has georgia and FSU.. will lose one of those

6. FSU - give me a break, has anyone seen them play? fucking terrible

7. Georgia - go vols

8. OSU - no one is going to beat us the rest of the season... USC - OSU in the title.

I like this breakdown, and agree, though, if USC doesn't lose this season, does that mean that they beat whoever (read: OSU) in the title game? :)

I like this breakdown, and agree, though, if USC doesn't lose this season, does that mean that they beat whoever (read: OSU) in the title game? :)

Ya :( I dont think OSU can beat USC just for the fact that we can not put up a lot of points.. I read a stat in the paper that the 4 offensive TD's we scored on sat was the most since we played Miami!!! Pathetic...

I'm inclined to agree, but, then again, the same predictions were made about OSU in 2002 before the Miami game - they said we wouldn't be able to score enough to hang with them. As it turned out, we didn't need to, since our defense controlled the game, not their offense.

So, I'd surmise something similar could occur with USC. I said "could." :)

On a related note, yeah, I completely agree, OSU's offense is too often anemic, and Tressel is quickly building the reputation of being unable to put teams away.

Guest mithesaint
I'm inclined to agree, but, then again, the same predictions were made about OSU in 2002 before the Miami game - they said we wouldn't be able to score enough to hang with them. As it turned out, we didn't need to, since our defense controlled the game, not their offense.

So, I'd surmise something similar could occur with USC. I said "could." :)

On a related note, yeah, I completely agree, OSU's offense is too often anemic, and Tressel is quickly building the reputation of being unable to put teams away.

Agree on the anemic offense. However, Tressel is 32-1 when leading at halftime. Sounds like he can put teams away just fine. He just calls the dogs off sooner than other coaches do, that's all.

Agree on the anemic offense. However, Tressel is 32-1 when leading at halftime. Sounds like he can put teams away just fine. He just calls the dogs off sooner than other coaches do, that's all.

while i love ohio state and agree with what your saying.....it's hard to "call the dogs off", when they don't even bite that hard in the first place!!!!