wonder why Europeans think our cars suck?

Science Abuse

So I'm poking around GErmanies Ebay, looking for all the neato german shit that they have there and dont have here...then it struck me, lets see what they have of ours....

Converted from Euros;

$19,100

$18,000

$31,000

$46,900

$17,000

$11,455

$54,196

$42,168

Ask yourself, whould you pay that for any of those f'n cars? A decent $20,000 car is one shitty $46,000 car.

No, lets see what you can get insted;

For the price of the Dodge Ram; 993

Instead of a v6 mustang, how about a nice Supercharged M3

I know what I'd choose.

Move to Europe.

ummm no. Point of the post was this; People bitching an fmoaning about shows like Top Gear and other foreight magazines givign american cars bad reviews. The point of the post is, the cars absolutely deserve their bad reviews.

As stated before, A decent $20,000 car is one shitty ass $46,000 car.

and they like diesels and little 1.nothing litre cars there too.

Deisels and liter cars are actualy fast over there, though. ;) We get fucked by US small car spec. Find a US liter car that does 0-60 in less then 10 seconds, you cant. In Europe you can. ;) Also, Deisels are winning races over there. No one over here bothers to develop them in passenger vehicles, just 11 second bullydog pickups.

Deisels and liter cars are actualy fast over there, though. ;) We get fucked by US small car spec. Find a US liter car that does 0-60 in less then 10 seconds, you cant. In Europe you can. ;) Also, Deisels are winning races over there. No one over here bothers to develop them in passenger vehicles, just 11 second bullydog pickups.

Find one of those liter cars with as much room as an american car at near the price on our market. Most people could give a shit less about a fast liter car over here. Something that small should be cheap and get good fuel economy. If we want to go fast, we buy something that is actually fast.

People paying that for american cars over there are doing that for a reason. They can. Just like people that buy expensive imports here.

Find one of those liter cars with as much room as an american car at near the price on our market. Most people could give a shit less about a fast liter car over here. Something that small should be cheap and get good fuel economy.QUOTE]

Actualy, most you'll find your avreage Joe Europe cares more about his vehicles performance then Joe Yuppie american, and little quick cars come very cheap. Not only that, but they do get good MPG. You only need about 12o hp to make a bubbled piece of plastic quick. :p

People paying that for american cars over there are doing that for a reason. They can. Just like people that buy expensive imports here.
Actualy, the point realy is that no one is buying our cars over there. :p We overcharge the shit out of most of our cars over there, and cite the price of import. But European companies have been sending reasonably priced cars over here for a century. Belgium built Volvos are cheaper then American built Caddillacs, and you get a better performing car (with the excetion of the CTS-V).

If American makes want good reveiws overseas, they have to drop their prices.

I still cant beleive that old pickups price.

i would love to have a diesel car but only VW has them right now. Benz does too but german cars and i have bad history together. But Honda is apparently going to be releasing a diesel in the year or so.

Part of the reason nobody has a diesel over here is because the US diesel fuel is pretty shitty. It has a very high sulfur content compared to Euro diesel (hence the infamous diesel stink), and most companies really struggle to make a GOOD diesel that also passes emissions. Fortunately, the US diesel is changing in I think 06 or maybe 07, which is about the same time that several companies, including Honda, have announced a diesel for US release.

Your thinking is flawed,we have small cars in europe because gas is $7 bucks a gallon every day! its not "we" dont like American cars because of styling or whatever it would just cost too mutch to run them.

Oh and the diesel thing,dont knock it , BM and VW have turbodiesels that would be faster than a most of the cars in the same model range,so a little tricky for a manufacturer to place a entry level product in the US.

Oh and the diesel thing,dont knock it , BM and VW have turbodiesels that would be faster than a most of the cars in the same model range,so a little tricky for a manufacturer to place a entry level product in the US.

The Diesel 300C and Cherokee are awesome. If they sold them in the US I would buy one. Just as fast as the HEMI and they sip fuel. I can't wait for the US diesel to get clean enough for manufacturers to start selling more of them over here.