This may sound Cheesy, but...

Devils Advocate

I was thinking today, and it's awesome to see how much better everyone's cars have gotten since I joined this board. I can remember when specific people drove much slower cars, and it's cool to see the evolution of them over such a long period of time. If you'd like, we can have some sort of a nostalgia thread. Post what you drove three years ago/what you drive now, or mods you;ve got as opposed to what you used to. Don't be a pussy about that, either, season is over.

Interesting topic. This was a change year for me. I sold the 1999 BMW 323i. I had almost $6K in the car to make it still slow. I loved the look though.

Now I have a 94' RX 7. Still pretty much stock, intakes and downpipe. It's fun for now, we'lll see what happens over the winter.

I just got a 99" Subaru Legacy GT for a daily. Fun car so far. Maybe an intake going on it, that's it.

3 years ago I had the Summit

1995 Eagle Summit LS 1.8L motor, Custom reground cam from Bullit Cams, APC intake with K&N, custom 2 1/4 catback, NGK wires, Crematic coated 4-2-1 headers, NOS kit 100shot (47 jets), Nitrous regulator shim, NOS Purge kit, and all the fun guages, Intrack slowering spring with KYB AGX struts, APC front and rear strut tower bars, and 190 LPH fuel pump.

Not bad for a car with NO aftermarket support.

Now I have the Ninjer

2002 Kawi ZX-6R, Dynojet Stage 1 kit, K&N filters, full Micron exaust, JT sprockets 14/42. Also the basic cosmetic stuff too.

96 tbird = $9995

4r70w = $2000

90mm MAF = $100

Jerry tune = $300

Steeda UDs = $150

Many Exhausts = $500

3:73 pumpkin = $350

14.90@96 mph, 150mph top speed = $13,399

Sale price = $1500

Cost of almost 4 years of fun = $11,899....non refundable

Ouch! I am not even going to list my crap on the mustang! lol

I've had tons of cars scince

lets see I had the buick and the dakota when I joined up

sometimes the buick runs sometimes it doesn't

the V6 dakota ended up with a 175 shot and a ton of other crap on it before it ate the tranny and I got rid of it

I've had a chevette that I sold to a guy on here and the driver seat fell through the floor on the freeway

I converted a 94 na auto shadow to turbo 5spd and was running 35 psi of non intercooled boost before the cylinder pressure smashed the pistons like empty beer cans that motor got a rebuild then the car cuaght on fire on the break in test drive so I sold it for a contour that never ran and got traded away for the sunbird

picked up a taxi yellow t-bird with no motor and dropped in a 2000 gt40-p that I'm attemtping to let go for parts for 700 bucks (call me you can hear it run or drive it before you buy :) )

my daily is a 94 sunbird its got about 50 hp but it gets good mileage

the buick now sports 4 wheel disc brakes fuel injection and thousands of hours and dollars of nickle and dime old car restoration crap its on motor number four and tranny number 5 the current combo is twin turbo efi small block chevy th 400 in front off a custom aluminum driveshaft and a HD 8.5 10 bolt with bolt in axels and 3.73 gears watch for me to be making shakedown passes on a country road near you on dry winter days :)

I'm sure I've left some out

1993 accord, these are pre your days jon. i had windshield washer nozzles that blinked with my turn signals....they were white tho...gotta stay legal... HAH

how i have the RX-7 most of you already know.

also like fowler when i joined i knew only how to do an oil change. experience and help from some of you mad eme learn many things i never take my car to the shop. me focus in mechanical engineering is automotive. and had co-ops and am looking at full time employment in the automotive industry.

i'd like to think some of you had an influence in that. thanks :D

edit i saw dave post... i took my parents vehicles to him for some shit but never MINE :D

ok lets see...

started off with an 88 lx 5.0 sprayed and many bolt ons

then went to a 89 gt bolt ons

then 95 cbr 900rr bolt ons

then another 88 lx 5.0 bolt ons, and spray

then a 98 Kwasaki ZX7R bolt ons and chromed out

then a 98 GT wiht bolt ons, and a 03 CBR 954RR

and an 88 GT bolt ons and spray

and now i end up with

01 Mustang Vert and 02 Ford Explorer Limited 4X4

84' s-10 blazer w/ built 350--->88' CS Daytona, rebuilt,upgrade everything--->89' csx vnt, had repainted and sold for twice i bought it. :)--->86' GLHS, bought for nothing made it run and slightly modded it sold for twice. :)--->87' GLHS bought for project and parted it out. (bought for 1200 parted out for close to 3300) --->00' Neon....new project--->90' 240sx, bought and caught on fire adam chased me to its death--->92' ranger, rat trap.

enjoy bitches.

I thought the GLHS was a 1986 model only with 500 being produced.Look at my sig for the car I started on here with.I have trouble selling cars,I just get more.I just got an 05 IS300.I am trying to leave it alone but people keep showing me turbo kits that range from 350bhp up to a built motor with 900bhp.

I thought the GLHS was a 1986 model only with 500 being produced.Look at my sig for the car I started on here with.I have trouble selling cars,I just get more.I just got an 05 IS300.I am trying to leave it alone but people keep showing me turbo kits that range from 350bhp up to a built motor with 900bhp.

glhs came in 86 with the 4 door omni and 87 with the 2 door omni known as the chager. 86 and 87 there was a limited number made. my 86 was a 329 and my 87' # 745.