CNN Breaking News: President Bush will lift executive ban on offshore drilling

Casper

Should we start offshore drilling?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Should we start offshore drilling?

• Yes
    • No

If it's in international waters... then it's not OUR oil.

And basic economics state that if oil gets raised up to $1000 barrel, then people would find alternative economical means of transportation in a real short period of time.

And I've posted before that we don't get all our oil from the Saudis

http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/dnav/pet/pet_move_impcus_a2_nus_ep00_im0_mbbl_m.htm

In fact, as of Apr 2008, Saudia Arabia only accounted for 11% of our total imports for the month. With all of the OPEC countries not even supplying half of our total oil imports (47%). The single most important country to the US with regards to oil - Canada (76k barrels). We got more oil from Canada than the entire Persian Gulf Region (70k barrels). That was just Apr 2008 stats, but the trend really hasn't changed.

Why is it that it seems Americans dont like Canadians and Canadians dont like Americans?

But we NEED to drill what we have now to try to combat the rising gas prices at least temporarily. we might get oil cheaper from other countries if they see we can drill our own then maybe they will sell cheaper due to the competition. If anyone knows of any oil companies hiring, let me know. If I had a job with them, I would be set for life.

Why is it that it seems Americans dont like Canadians and Canadians dont like Americans?...

nononononononononono......I just wanted to point out that we like to lay the blame on other people, coupled with most US citizens love to blame OPEC, and the fact that Canada is one of our large suppliers. That, and the song is DAMN funny.

I know you werent referencing anything bad towards Canada. I joke about blaming Canado too and the song always pops in my head as well. The company Iwork for has a sister company in Canada and we are always complaining about them but they are always complaining about us too.