LS1 owners 6.0 truck block

Scotty2Hotty

Wondering if anyone out there is runnin the 6.0 iron block, or know of anyone who is. Obviously it's 88lbs heavier but word on the street is the capability to take anythin like a champ. Anyone know the most I can bore one over, for I know the LS1/LS6 blocks are good for maybe a .030 over thanks to the walls.

My parents have one in their Yukon Denali XL

wow what insight you have. thats as about as helpfull and staying you saw one at the dealership.

to answer your question not sure what the bore limits of the block are I know that parish( built a 10 sec stock looking truck) built one there are tons of videos and I even think he made it into hotrod magazine.

Id say your best bet if you cant find anything here to check out one of the many LS* boards you'll have better a better chance of finding someone with first hand expirence.

You can't bore a LS1/LS6 block .030, The max is .005 or .010 which is due to the liners.

You can safely bore a 6.0l block .030 over. If you sonic test the block, you can go .060 or maybe even .080 but with no service bore.

Say with a stroker kit IE. say 408 maybe upper 400's, would it be a safer bet to run a lower compression with the bottle (200 shot)?