Speeding Tickets...

bbop0362

Have you gotten a speeding ticket on your bike?  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Have you gotten a speeding ticket on your bike?

• I don't speed
    • 0-20MPH over speed limit
    • 20-40MPH over speed limit
    • 40-60MPH over speed limit
    • 60+ over speed limit
    • They couldn't catch me

One speeding charge on my record so far this year. Ten over the limit and no points. I could have ditched him but I didn't think he would turn around since I was only doing about 10 or 11 over the limit. Now on highways I keep the speed down once in awhile. I didn't buy a liter-bike to go slow. As long as you stay hypnotized in front of one of the dozens of reality-themed TV shows rather than go out and live life, the cops will leave you alone. Better yet, buy a minivan or a SUV, that way you can make the roads safer when you get a call on your $300 cell phone because you forgot to put the timer on the roast. I love this country, really I do.

Thats funny...'I keep the speed down once in awhile.' Hey now lets not bad talk the fine men in blue who keep our roads safe from speeders. Once, about 3 months ago, I was on 480E and there was a tire between the fast and middle lane. No more than 100 yards down there was a state creeper with his laser gun trying to pick up a speeder. Now the purpose of handing out tickets is to keep the roads safe...yet that tire that people are swerving to avoid can wait...right. Their time would be much better spent making an effort to stop crime in our communities...or moving a tire off the road before a crash. Ohh well I feel like im just :beathorse:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And to all the 'They couldn't catch me' voters, lets hear some stories!

i was doing 120+ when i passed a state patrol just at the beginning of the three mile stretch on sr541 just outside coshocton. and i lifted and saw him hit the brakes and he did u-turn and i didnt stick around to figure out how pissed he was. the kid that was riding with me said by the time he did his three point turn i was already down the other side and gone he had no chance.

i was doing 120+ when i passed a state patrol just at the beginning of the three mile stretch on sr541 just outside coshocton. and i lifted and saw him hit the brakes and he did u-turn and i didnt stick around to figure out how pissed he was. the kid that was riding with me said by the time he did his three point turn i was already down the other side and gone he had no chance.

That is lucky...my ticket this year started the same way. Was on Route 10W and was playing around with a mustang, who was a lane over about a car length ahead of me, doing about 110ish. All of the suddenin my miorror I see a statie pop up in the turn around lane. I thought he would go after the car so I kept on it and got off the exit ramp, rt 57, about a mile down the road. I made it several miles down, thought i lost him, and began to drive the speed limit. A few minutes later...WooooWooooWooo and blue lights. He clocked me at 87 in a 65 no big deal. I felt pretty lucky, but not as lucky as the mustang man. Moral of the story: it's not evading untill the officer displays his lights or sirens behind you...keep on it and get lost. ;)

That is lucky...my ticket this year started the same way. Was on Route 10W and was playing around with a mustang, who was a lane over about a car length ahead of me, doing about 110ish. All of the suddenin my miorror I see a statie pop up in the turn around lane. I thought he would go after the car so I kept on it and got off the exit ramp, rt 57, about a mile down the road. I made it several miles down, thought i lost him, and began to drive the speed limit. A few minutes later...WooooWooooWooo and blue lights. He clocked me at 87 in a 65 no big deal. I felt pretty lucky, but not as lucky as the mustang man. Moral of the story: it's not evading untill the officer displays his lights or sirens behind you...keep on it and get lost. ;)

yeah i dont know how fast i hit going across the flats but i was on the rev limiter in sixth :lol: fastes i have ever gone out that road

I got nailed for 90 in a 65 (pacing...I think the dude was lying; I wasn't doing 90) down near Lancaster before moving home from OSU for the summer, but I've had no issues with the cops up in the akron/cleveland area yet. I'm going for a long day ride tomorrow in the Canton area, and I'm starting to see all these posts about cops and speeding tickets as one big bad omen staring me in the face. Stay tunes for my impending story, I guess.

Also, what's with this stuff about getting pulled over by a cop who is going the opposite direction? I thought they couldn't clock you when they are going the opposite direction?

Also, what's with this stuff about getting pulled over by a cop who is going the opposite direction? I thought they couldn't clock you when they are going the opposite direction?

They can and will. Laser speed tracking systems, aka LADAR.

Been busted more than once in my car with that one.....:monkeypoo:

Definately good to know... I always felt fairly safe on the opposite side of the highway as long as I wasn't doing anything really obviously dangerous. Just one more reason to hate cops when they're on the road I guess :p

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got that 90mph ticket on the rainy day. Just came back from the court. No contest but still 4 points and 125 fine + 49 court cost=174 ouch...

I just had 2 points before...so 6 total...got to be careful a while I guess :confused:

All of my speeders have been cops coming in the opposite direction except for 2 (those 2 were parked in adjacent driveways/parking lots) Via standard issue radar...

now I have a radar detector, HO HO HO!

and I don't think lydar systems are able to be used in motion by the officer (they have to look through the sight and point it at your license plate/engine block to lock on to you) IIRC

anytime I see lydar warnings come up on my detector the officer is parked in the same direction as traffic with his door open pointing it at traffic behind him (not through glass)

True, but I'd say for the average most agencies don't have this new type of radar. Probably the Highway Patrol at most, but the cost of upgrading from old units to new ones wound be a significant.

Any if you get a laser ticket, make sure the guy was outside the car or shooting through an open window. If they were shooting it through a window, you can get it tossed.

FYI,

Radar can be stationary or mobile(moving in opposite directions).

Laser has to be stationary, only. ;)

And chances are if you get a laser warning, your already toast most likely.

exactly what i thought...

I did think I was getting a ticket on 90 west last weekend.

I crested a hill, seen the cop with the laser, dropped anchor....

thought I was busted, but the cop pointed at the car behind me, and motioned HIM to pull over (I think he was still going as fast as I was before the quick brake, either that or the cop didn't want to bother with me...)

85 in a 35, following too closely, passing on a double yellow (right after a light, guy in front just wasn't cutting it)

apparently the deputy was following me for a while (around 10 miles) out in the country but all with no lights until we got in town. mirrors full of ford grille so im like wtf? and i pulled into the high school i was at this guy followed then whooped me and turned on his lights.

it was the most fun he's had in a long time he said.

i only got a warning and told me to be more safe and thanks for letting him stretch his legs haha.

pulled me over in the high school parking lot in front of band camp though. sweet.

I got a ticket once for riding a wheelie. cost $400. since then I have found out my bike can do 176mph.

I almost got one for the same reason.........he couldn't seem to keep up so i didn't ;) Don't wanna go thru that again either :rolleyes:

FYI,

Radar can be stationary or mobile(moving in opposite directions).

Laser has to be stationary, only. ;)

And chances are if you get a laser warning, your already toast most likely.

+1 on the laser toast :(

more and more departments are getting laser's too....there's stuff to block them/etc but its expensive and half of it don't work.

I got a reckless op in AZ that was reduced to criminal speeding. But it didn't transfer to my Ohio record. So that said I'm zero for speeding tickets on the bike in Ohio!

So we'll go with I don't speed :)

i got at least 10 out of state speed tiks when i was n the service. none of them affected my Ohio record or my insurance. probably different now.

(mid 90's)

Well I got that 90mph ticket on the rainy day. Just came back from the court. No contest but still 4 points and 125 fine + 49 court cost=174 ouch...

I just had 2 points before...so 6 total...got to be careful a while I guess :confused:

Hey man don't worry you still have 6 more points before a suspension you’ll be fine!;)

You're missing an option. Yes I speed but I havn't gotten caught but they could run me down.

Right now I'm riding the 03 Intruder so I don't think I'm running from the cop. I do speed but usually not too bad. Whatever the flow of traffic is...+5.