300zx

wnaplay1647545503

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2+2s were all Non turbos enless a VG30DETT was swapped in it. The 2+2s have rear seats, regular 300ZXs are 2 seat coupes with no rear seats which can be had in either the TT or NA version. There are a few out there with TT swaps that I have found but as stated they are pretty much slow without the turbo motor.

Call IPS - they've worked on several. If Brett's available, he'll give you so much information on them that your head will explode.

We have done quite a few of the 300zx's, and pretty much perfected the tt swap into an original n/a car.

The cars really aren't that bad to work on once you get to know them.

call down and we can fill you in on whatever you need.

Pretty much only good for nascar whirly 270 racing.

No, it has 80 rwhp and it's rwd. So that makes it a perfect dRifT car and autoX car right? Oh wait, it has 220hp so it must be a drag only car then. Isn't that how the Corolla world turns?

• 4 weeks later...
Seller seemed shady and I backed out. Car had a jdm swap but that was all the info he knew.

I also looked at the car and backed out. Owner had it sold on ebay, buyer had given a good feedback and He was still willing to sell to me. Had a bad auto transmission, "DAVID" claimed to have a good one to put in. Yep, it would have ended up at IPS for a TT swap and manual transmission if I had bought the car.

Seller seemed shady and I backed out. Car had a jdm swap but that was all the info he knew.

Good choice, 2+2s are really ugly, it looks like they took the car cut it in half and welded in an extra 2 feet of body paneling.

another tip

But a TT if you want a fast fun car

if you dont care about speed buy an NA its cheaper and there is less to go wrong

i own a 2 seater N/A. Not a bad car, not really "fast" but it's not bad. If you want a fast car get a TT cause even w/ every bolt on the car will never push 300whp. As for the 2+2... i like the look of them. I always think of the batmobile when i see a black one(b/c they are quite long). IMO the back seats are pointless unless you have children. Oh and the Z brotherhood is great(minus the few 350 owners that don't honk/wave back, bastards)

Did someone say weed??

I payed 15,000 for my 93 TT with a salvage title and it had 60k on the clock but if I remember supposedly only like 20k on the motor. I'm guessing you can find a non-salvage title for the same price he didn't tell me it was salvage untill he handed me the title and by then I didn't care cause nothing seemed fucked up with it.

With as hard as it is to find decent price TT's around here you might be better off finding a good N/A and bringing it to ips for a swap.

No, it has 80 rwhp and it's rwd. So that makes it a perfect dRifT car and autoX car right? Oh wait, it has 220hp so it must be a drag only car then. Isn't that how the Corolla world turns?

no, he's just stating the truth... it can't drift, it can't autox, basically it handles like shit because they're terribly balanced cars. BUT they have some potential to be quick in a straight line.

What you mean to say, is its harder to handle in a car that is capable of breaking the speed limit.

Just because you can drift at 25mph doesn't mean your car can handle. And just beacuse you can take offramps at the suggested speed doesn't mean anything either. Let us know when your car can go faster then 65-70mph.

I'll speak for myself when I say my Z handles just fine. Been around a few of the full circle off ramps on 270, going just as fast as the supra's and evo's that lead the way. A lil over 90mph I think and had no problems. Thats good enough for me, I can turn at higher speeds then you can even go. And on a very tight turn.

Also, with some suspension work I don't see how this car turns worse then any other car. Especially echno boxes. And besides, arn't most auto cross races set up for slow cars anyways? I mean, Cavaliers, sunfires, and other slow fwd cars? I am really asking because I don't know...

There are also a few 300zx's over at IPS used for road racing I'm sure they'd like to show you the way around the track a few times. Shit, I can't even drive that good and I'd do it myself if I had a FMIC instead of side mounts.

I also think 300zx's generally arn't that fast in the 1/4 either. There a little above average at everything IMO. Good Street car that you can have plenty of safe fun in doing anything you wanna do. You might not win all the drag races, auto X's or road course, but it is a car that can compete at all these things at once. And be good at one if you choose to just mod it for that specific thing.

Guest BLUE BY U
What you mean to say, is its harder to handle in a car that is capable of breaking the speed limit.

Just because you can drift at 25mph doesn't mean your car can handle. And just beacuse you can take offramps at the suggested speed doesn't mean anything either. Let us know when your car can go faster then 65-70mph.

I'll speak for myself when I say my Z handles just fine. Been around a few of the full circle off ramps on 270, going just as fast as the supra's and evo's that lead the way. A lil over 90mph I think and had no problems. Thats good enough for me, I can turn at higher speeds then you can even go. And on a very tight turn.

Also, with some suspension work I don't see how this car turns worse then any other car. Especially echno boxes. And besides, arn't most auto cross races set up for slow cars anyways? I mean, Cavaliers, sunfires, and other slow fwd cars? I am really asking because I don't know...

There are also a few 300zx's over at IPS used for road racing I'm sure they'd like to show you the way around the track a few times. Shit, I can't even drive that good and I'd do it myself if I had a FMIC instead of side mounts.

:eek2: sad but true

no, he's just stating the truth... it can't drift, it can't autox, basically it handles like shit because they're terribly balanced cars. BUT they have some potential to be quick in a straight line.

Turn off the Initial-D video, and please pull your head out of your corolla’s ass, you clearly know nothing about a TT 300ZX.

Even with just the basic suspension bolt-ons the cars have excellent handling, understeer to oversteer balance, road feel, and steering feedback. My last TTZ was one of the best all around driving and handling cars I have ever driven. And yes, considering the various Porsche race shops I have worked at over the years, I have driven plenty of real sports cars out on multiple race tracks to know the difference. Heck, I just test drove an NSX a couple months ago that I was looking at buying, a car worshipped for it’s handling prowess by all the Honda fan boys, and the car couldn't have been more disappointing. I have had a very difficult time finding a car to replace my last Z that is even close to comparable in terms of an overall package

BTW, Z’s were winning IMSA championships for years before your “drift machine” became the newest teenage fad.

http://www.stillen.com/images/si_history_1.jpg