300zx

wnaplay1647545503

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, he's just stating the truth... it can't drift, it can't autox, basically it handles like shit because they're terribly balanced cars. BUT they have some potential to be quick in a straight line.
'86 Corolla GTS

I will be at Mid-Ohio in April, why not bring out your Corolla POS and see if you can keep up with my 300zx in the esses. Oh, Millen was winning IMSA championships racing a 2+2, has better weight distribution in the turns than the coupe.

'86 Corolla GTS

I will be at Mid-Ohio in April, why not bring out your Corolla POS and see if you can keep up with my 300zx in the esses. Oh, Millen was winning IMSA championships racing a 2+2, has better weight distribution in the turns than the coupe.

would you like me to? I'm afraid you might not like the outcome...

I dont even know why everyone's knockin on corolla's right now anyways.. nowhere did Jon and I make reference that the 300zx handled like shit compared to a corolla.. we were speaking our mind about them in GENERAL. Everybody else automatically jumped on our shit about corollas and we didn't say anything about them. I've seen what 300zx's can do on the track and to be honest.. I wasn't impressed. All I saw was a bunch of terrible understeer.

gg

Since your both pretty sure your going to win. Someone toss up a bet and make this intresting.

86 Corolla says it can beat a 91 Z, this is winter talk at its best.

"Understeer."

vs Under-everything.

I am aware the non turbo zx isn't made for racing. But I am also aware the ONLY reason people choose to do anything dangerous in 86 corolla's such as drifting, is because if they wreck it they could buy a new one with a weeks paycheck. Not because its some uberleet handling machine, I think the people you read reviews from about cars must just be drifters. There first car was probably something slow, like a Corolla or a 240sx. I used to own a 240sx, and could take certian corners at certian throttle(The mph gauge was broken.) When I got into my 300zx, I would take the same corner. It would feel like I am going a similar speed, but it was only because the 300zx ride is so much smoother. And I would have out accelerated the 240 into the corner. Thus I am going 100into a corner instead of 60 and it felt alot more difficult to turn, not impossible but difficult because I was used to turning a car that was 1. light and 2. slow as balls.

Ok, Ok All bullshit aside. Can you tell something impressive about the performance of a 86 corolla. Even if you have to look at corollas with 3294729842$ in them, show me a corolla beating a GOOD track car in a track race. Or a GOOD drag car in a drag race. Don't show me a corolla wining blacktop figureskating. (Yes I seriously want to see something impressive about a corolla, your car doesn't look that bad so I wont make fun of it like I would a neon or VW Bug or something...)

Even if you have to look at corollas with 3294729842$ in them, show me a corolla beating a GOOD track car in a track race. Or a GOOD drag car in a drag race. Don't show me a corolla wining blacktop figureskating. (Yes I seriously want to see something impressive about a corolla, your car doesn't look that bad so I wont make fun of it like I would a neon or VW Bug or something...)

Don't tempt me.

I dont care if my car's fast or not to be honest.. I just enjoy driving it and I suppose that's all that matters to me until one day I feel the need to own a "fast" car... but anyways, that's not what I really wanted to post about. What I wanted to know was what kinda speed would I be trapping if my car ran mid 15's? from what I read my car, fully loaded(PS and Full interior etc), will run a mid 15 stock. Looking at your guys judgements of a fast car I know my car isn't even close to being fast.. just curious what I would be trapping. I actually wanted to get out to trails or somewhere else just for the hell of it, but never got the chance.

Have you even been on a race course even as a passenger? I should be afraid of a mid 15s car? Do you even realize what you are talking about, or just talking shit?

I think the people you read reviews from about cars must just be drifters.

Other than the fact that the Corolla had one of the best weight distributions out at the time. Still a very good distribution. Better than your 300ZX. And it can weigh less than 2000 lbs by just removing the interior and sound deadening material. No one really made this thread out to be "AE86'S ARE THE GREATEST CARS OUT THERE" I was only giving my opinion, this is a public forum for opinions and you have mine. I would never own a Z32 plus most, I do say most not all probably 90%, Z32 owners are idiots and can't work on their own cars. That's why people like IPS specialize in them b/c Z32 owners just pay other people do to the shit.

show me a corolla beating a GOOD track car in a track race. Or a GOOD drag car in a drag race.

Okay. Paradise Racing 8.06 @164.63mph

http://www.paradiseracing.com/Paradise%20Racing/NOPI%20Atco%2008-27-05%205.jpg

http://sstar.cool.ne.jp/car/000jgtc/ae86.jpg

JGTC AE86

http://homepage2.nifty.com/m_miyazawa/photo/20000504gt-1.jpg

AE86 in front of the Porsche

http://toyota05.to.funpic.de/wpe231.jpg

Yeah they do rally too.

Ok, Ok All bullshit aside. Can you tell something impressive about the performance of a 86 corolla. Even if you have to look at corollas with 3294729842$ in them, show me a corolla beating a GOOD track car in a track race. Or a GOOD drag car in a drag race. Don't show me a corolla wining blacktop figureskating. (Yes I seriously want to see something impressive about a corolla, your car doesn't look that bad so I wont make fun of it like I would a neon or VW Bug or something...)

alright... i'll dig up some video's of corolla's waxing some subaru's and r34 skylines, just gotta find them and upload them for you guys.

Have you even been on a race course even as a passenger? I should be afraid of a mid 15s car? Do you even realize what you are talking about, or just talking shit?

Yes, actually I have been on a race course.. I've even attended drift event's and placed top 8 my 4-5 times. Never been on a strip but I would've liked to make a trip out to national trails before winter, but never had the time.

Ok, Ok All bullshit aside. Can you tell something impressive about the performance of a 86 corolla. Even if you have to look at corollas with 3294729842$ in them, show me a corolla beating a GOOD track car in a track race. Or a GOOD drag car in a drag race.

here are some videos I came across over time.. if these don't somewhat impress you then I dunno what to say.. obviously the corolla's are at a loss being so underpowered and up against 4WD cars, yet they still win. I'll keep looking for some more videos.

R34 skyline up against 2 AE86's

http://www.portal.conceptual-x.com/andy/r34%20vs%202x%20ae86.wmv

AE86 vs WRX STi

http://www.portal.conceptual-x.com/andy/ae86%20vs%20subaru.wmv

didnt look like the gtr guy could drive as well as the other two. plus the gtr was stock compared to modified AE86s

they're all on the same level of skill.. only problem the guy had in the GTR was the fact that the car doesn't handle well compared to the corolla's and he was under pressure and was making mistakes.

they're all on the same level of skill.. only problem the guy had in the GTR was the fact that the car doesn't handle well compared to the corolla's and he was under pressure and was making mistakes.

and it was stock compared to the lists the other cars had.