300zx

wnaplay1647545503

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm Sold!

I'm selling everything I own and purchasing as many AE86's as I can.

I figure that if I have alot of them I could probably beat any care period.

It takes 2 to defeat a R34..

I think 1/2 dozen should take care of the average z06.

COROLLAZ 4 LIFE NUKKAAASSS

(DISCLAIMER) *I am aware that nothing can beat the z06* (DISCLAIMER)

we should all get a track day in at mid-ohio.. eh?

Id like to make a wager (assuming youd ever show to race either) that not only would Jeff nearly half-track you out at MidOhio but that Rane will destroy you in a 55mph roll-race including an automatic 10-car spot. Basically, it would be something along the lines of "Just Go" and hed wait about 7-8 seconds or so (by the time your taillights are starting to get nice and small) and then come around you like you hit a wall. Sound fair? And since that leaves just Auto-X as your saving grace as soon as the season starts next year you can run yet another customers 300ZX TT in which you might actually have a chance. Auto-x is 95% driver so id automatically say youd lose for sure, but since Auto-x takes away any advantages a 3:1 power favor has its not quite a complete lock. However, to make this bet even worth considering on your end ill take this one as well.

I dont drive either car so i have no bias one way or the other aside that both Jeff and Rane are customers of mine and i know a sure thing when i see it :) I think it will be fun for you to see the whole "weight vs horsepower" arguement live and in color lol.

How much are we betting?

Cool, I wasn't bein an ass I really wanted to see some fast corolla's. Whats done to these cars.

A more fair race based on the corolla's I've been in there acceleration sucks near top speed. So I can let you get near your top speed whatever it is, like 110 or something...You can start at 100 I'll start at 60 and we'll race till your fuel cuts off and then see where we are at.

Nah but I really wanna see the 2+2 vs the corolla on the track.

Also if your engine looked anything like mine you wouldn't want to do your own work on it. Unless you like pulling your motor for EVERY mod.

Id like to make a wager (assuming youd ever show to race either) that not only would Jeff nearly half-track you out at MidOhio but that Rane will destroy you in a 55mph roll-race including an automatic 10-car spot. Basically, it would be something along the lines of "Just Go" and hed wait about 7-8 seconds or so (by the time your taillights are starting to get nice and small) and then come around you like you hit a wall. Sound fair? And since that leaves just Auto-X as your saving grace as soon as the season starts next year you can run yet another customers 300ZX TT in which you might actually have a chance. Auto-x is 95% driver so id automatically say youd lose for sure, but since Auto-x takes away any advantages a 3:1 power favor has its not quite a complete lock. However, to make this bet even worth considering on your end ill take this one as well.

I dont drive either car so i have no bias one way or the other aside that both Jeff and Rane are customers of mine and i know a sure thing when i see it :) I think it will be fun for you to see the whole "weight vs horsepower" arguement live and in color lol.

How much are we betting?

damn jeff, depending on what im driving next spring, I may take that bet.

damn jeff, depending on what im driving next spring, I may take that bet.

Oh, its not open-ended -- unless of course you go pick up an AE86 :) Not like id throw that out to any Z06 or Viper or 911 around. Regardless, id still bet that Jeff would more than hold his own in his 2+2 out at MidOhio and id bet on Rane even-up on a roll race as well no matter what you buy (no offense, but both cars are that good) Now, spotting 10 cars from a roll I would have to be REALLY OVERLY confident (hint hint) to do that and unless you pick up something with less than 300hp stock that probably wont happen. Even getting a nice jump in roll-racing is huge so 10 would be a bit much...

Jeff

A more fair race based on the corolla's I've been in there acceleration sucks near top speed. So I can let you get near your top speed whatever it is, like 110 or something...You can start at 100 I'll start at 60 and we'll race till your fuel cuts off and then see where we are at.

Hmmm, a model of car nicknamed "the highway king" vs a corolla in top end? lolzors

My GZE pulls like there is no tomorrow in the top end; please someone put a mkIII supra transmission in my car so it can reach its full potential...but I doubt it keeps up for very long anyway. On a road course? Watch your ass cause my car would likely be right up it.

BTW anyone wanna buy my car? Haha. 1985 AE86, not cheap, long mod list. PM me.

Edit: my quotation sucked.

My GZE pulls like there is no tomorrow in the top end; please someone put a mkIII supra transmission in my car so it can reach its full potential...but I doubt it keeps up for very long anyway. On a road course? Watch your ass cause my car would likely be right up it.

Your AE doesnt count in any of my remarks because a) we did your swap and the car was cool as hell :) and b) i would put up the same bets up with your car vs either of the other two AE86s in question. Rane would still get ya from a roll im afraid (even if we snuck in a 150-shot with that tranny lol) but the added power would make it a MUCH better contender on a roadcourse...

Jeff

Cool, I wasn't bein an ass I really wanted to see some fast corolla's. Whats done to these cars.

Well the one that won the race in the GTR video was only an N/A 4AGE which stock makes 120hp at the flywheel. But knowing how Keiichi Tsuchiya builds motors it's most likely has mild cams with ITB's. Which would still only make about 150rwhp if that. Probably has 8kg coilovers 6kg TRD springs, same setup Lovemy86 has, it is the most common setup. Which is one of the stiffest setups, of course next to what I have sitting in my bedroom 10kg coilovers 8kg TRD springs,which is about the stiffest you'll find on any Corolla.

I will be at Mid-Ohio in April, why not bring out your Corolla POS and see if you can keep up with my 300zx in the esses. Oh, Millen was winning IMSA championships racing a 2+2, has better weight distribution in the turns than the coupe.

would you like me to? I'm afraid you might not like the outcome...

I dont even know why everyone's knockin on corolla's right now anyways.. nowhere did Jon and I make reference that the 300zx handled like shit compared to a corolla.. we were speaking our mind about them in GENERAL. Everybody else automatically jumped on our shit about corollas and we didn't say anything about them. I've seen what 300zx's can do on the track and to be honest.. I wasn't impressed. All I saw was a bunch of terrible understeer. gg

Looks to me like the gauntlet has been dropped and accepted.

When are you guys going to the track?

Since your both pretty sure your going to win. Someone toss up a bet and make this intresting.

86 Corolla says it can beat a 91 Z, this is winter talk at its best.

"Understeer." vs Under-everything..

Okay Rane, we will make this interesting! I will be at Mid-Ohio April 21, 2006, and will race my 91 300ZX 2+2 against lovemy86's 86 Corolla. LOSER:o will pay the entrance fee of the WINNER:D . lovemy86, if your corolla is as good as you say it is, then it will not cost you anything to race.

Id like to make a wager (assuming youd ever show to race either) that not only would Jeff nearly half-track you out at MidOhio but that Rane will destroy you in a 55mph roll-race including an automatic 10-car spot. Basically, it would be something along the lines of "Just Go" and hed wait about 7-8 seconds or so (by the time your taillights are starting to get nice and small) and then come around you like you hit a wall.

What would be be point of a 55mph roll race when I already know my car's slow?

Nah but I really wanna see the 2+2 vs the corolla on the track.

nobody's calling you an ass...

Tsuchiya's car in the R34 video has only 165 hp, and the other guy's car had somewhere around 190hp. Both were probably built with some coilovers and decent springrates similar to my car, but from the looks of it probably not much more prepping than that. These aren't even circuit prepped corolla's either, I can show you some video's of those if you want to see the really quick corollas. In terms of top speed, fastest i've gotten my car was up to about 122mph, so after 60 it takes quite a bit to get there. I will already tell you it's slow in the means of top speed. My motor now is basically bone stock, making right around 100hp and 100tq to the rear wheels. if anyone cares enough i'll post up pictures and an exact list of mods to my car. I agree though, I too want see what's going to happen with a 2+2 and a corolla on the track.

Well I'm Sold!

I'm selling everything I own and purchasing as many AE86's as I can.

I figure that if I have alot of them I could probably beat any care period.

It takes 2 to defeat a R34..

I think 1/2 dozen should take care of the average z06.

COROLLAZ 4 LIFE NUKKAAASSS

and you're just a dumbass..

Lmao. At that pic.

Also, my car shouldn't get to many props yet. Still alot of little things I can do to set me apart from being just quick :-p.

Also, everyone on here would prolly smash my Z on a road course. I don't drive very aggresive. My turbos are to big to be spooling efficiently around tracks, and a spool shot doesn't look to great for road racing. Not to mention my power+my intercoolers= one lap or something before I need a break.

Now if you run into a Z with like sport 600's or maybe pe1420's they should be able to spool alot faster and still make enough power to rock some people on a track.

In the R34 video the odds were stacked against the R34 from the beginning.

Tight, low speed course. Two pro drivers in the Toyotas, and a nobody in the R34. The Nissan driver missed at least one gear, maybe two.

Plus I think it was mentioned that the Nissan is stock, vs the obviously modified Toyotas.

I am pro Toyota all the way, but that was a poor example for comparision.

In the R34 video the odds were stacked against the R34 from the beginning.

Tight, low speed course. Two pro drivers in the Toyotas, and a nobody in the R34. The Nissan driver missed at least one gear, maybe two.

Plus I think it was mentioned that the Nissan is stock, vs the obviously modified Toyotas.

I am pro Toyota all the way, but that was a poor example for comparision.

Well it shows that a Corolla with a suspension and a little motor work (like lovemy86) will eat a stock Nissan sports car with double the horse power that would kill it in a straight. Not that I'm saying the 300ZX guys have suspension work, but if they don't then it's a perfect comparison.

Well it shows that a Corolla with a suspension and a little motor work (like lovemy86) will eat a stock Nissan sports car with double the horse power that would kill it in a straight. Not that I'm saying the 300ZX guys have suspension work, but if they don't then it's a perfect comparison.

howard ALSO said that it was two very experienced drivers to a non-experienced. that makes a hell of a big difference.

so knowing that we can saftely say that the corollas were at an advantage.

oh yeah? well, he had more horsepower!

oh yeah? well, i was still stock!

oh yeah? well, he was inexperienced!

oh yeah? well, he weighs less!

oh yeah? well, hes got thousands in his car!

(stop me anytime guys)

oh yeah? well, hes got tons of suspension work!

oh yeah? well, hes got all wheel drive!

oh yeah? well, your mom!

have i forgotten any? sheesh.

i even offered to set up the race personally!!! i didnt see anyone leaping at that opportunity. another club im in goes to a dozen or more open lapping events each year. wed be happy to acommodate your "grudge match". hell, well even join in.

I will be at Mid-Ohio April 21, 2006, and will race my 91 300ZX 2+2 against lovemy86's 86 Corolla. LOSER will pay the entrance fee of the WINNER . lovemy86, if your corolla is as good as you say it is, then it will not cost you anything to race.

I will be at Mid-Ohio April 21, 2006, and will race my 91 300ZX 2+2 against lovemy86's 86 Corolla. LOSER will pay the entrance fee of the WINNER . lovemy86, if your corolla is as good as you say it is, then it will not cost you anything to race.

This is just too funny

aww snaps.

This season's benchracing has been off to a fast start. I fear it is premature and will leave me wanting more come Feb.

Ok ok lets end this thread now.

Even the N/A 300zx has more Whorepower then you do horsepower.

This means, It will pull more bitches then a corolla does ponies on a daily basis. I mean, in my Z I've had girls on the side of the street stop and yell. "Baby will you marry me." and "Please have my kids." This didn't even happen in the Jaguar! So the 300zx wins by default. Though, they probably confused my car with a lambo or something it still counts.

Lol, you guys gonna race his Z in april?

Ok ok lets end this thread now.

Even the N/A 300zx has more Whorepower then you do horsepower.

This means, It will pull more bitches then a corolla does ponies on a daily basis. I mean, in my Z I've had girls on the side of the street stop and yell. "Baby will you marry me." and "Please have my kids." This didn't even happen in the Jaguar! So the 300zx wins by default. Though, they probably confused my car with a lambo or something it still counts.

Lol, you guys gonna race his Z in april?

It's because of your wing. They thought it was a Supra.