Thorne

Devils Advocate

It very well may have been an interesting race but I hope you are not basing your info on what numbers my car put down this last year. While I don't quite know what the results will be, I will tell you that it's a completely different motor/turbo combination.

Mike, honestly I'm basing it off the 500hp area. Both cars are light, have higher end curves, I would guess the aero factor towards the FD though. Rafi's car has been in development for a while, a longgg while.

And Shocker Joe, that was indeed a joke, hence the smiley face - you misinterpreting piece of shit. Homo :o

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those #'s wouldn't cut it against me anymore, anyhow. I'm very confident the new setup will yield at LEAST a 125 trap. That's what many months of research and calculations tell me, since this combination hasn't been tried before (due to the brand new hybrid turbo). Slightly smaller turbos with smaller engine porting (aka Nocab's 460rwhp) are trapping in this range. No bench racing, no games, no hidden agendas, no bluffs.

I thought you were already in that trap range? I figured when you raced Tilley when he had is Cobra on the funny gas, he should have been around that trap...maybe not. How did the HKS twins work out? I never heard much after some wastegate issues. Either way, good luck man, you broke one barrier, lets see if you can dip into 10s.

Those #'s wouldn't cut it against me anymore, anyhow. I'm very confident the new setup will yield at LEAST a 125 trap.

Billy, he is on here somewhere, trapped at 117mph with just boost controllers, K&N, turbo back exhaust, HKS Twin Power, and some ghetto ebay plastic inlet pipe. Im also pretty sure Rafi's Civic will pull some uhh... nice traps also, but Im not going to speak for him so we will see.

I thought you were already in that trap range? I figured when you raced Tilley when he had is Cobra on the funny gas, he should have been around that trap...maybe not. How did the HKS twins work out? I never heard much after some wastegate issues. Either way, good luck man, you broke one barrier, lets see if you can dip into 10s.

The twin GT28Rs pulled like a beast. I could not get them to stop surging at light/medium throttle which made the car almost unstreetable. I dumped them and went with a T4 GT35/40R single.

Billy, he is on here somewhere, trapped at 117mph with just boost controllers, K&N, turbo back exhaust, HKS Twin Power, and some ghetto ebay plastic inlet pipe. Im also pretty sure Rafi's Civic will pull some uhh... nice traps also, but Im not going to speak for him so we will see.

I was trapping 117 - 118 on street tires, but the ET streets seemed to knock a few mph off for some reason.

Those #'s wouldn't cut it against me anymore, anyhow. I'm very confident the new setup will yield at LEAST a 125 trap. That's what many months of research and calculations tell me, since this combination hasn't been tried before (due to the brand new hybrid turbo). Slightly smaller turbos with smaller engine porting (aka Nocab's 460rwhp) are trapping in this range. No bench racing, no games, no hidden agendas, no bluffs.

Although I've always like RX-7's, your proposed 125 trap wouldn't beat more than a handful of cars on the Akron boards. Although I don't know much about Rafi's Civic, I doubt you'd win that race either. But I'd be happy to run you in my Audi to test your trap calculation :)

I was trapping 117 - 118 on street tires, but the ET streets seemed to knock a few mph off for some reason.

Yeah, but Billays car was NO match for Rafi's Civic. Yeah when Billay ran his 12.3 I belive his trap was 115, or 116. I would have LOVED to throw some drag radials on Billays car and see what it could have came up with, but he was getting decent 60fters anyways, just hed always miss a gear and shoot fireballs 10 feet behind his car.

Although I've always like RX-7's, your proposed 125 trap wouldn't beat more than a handful of cars on the Akron boards. Although I don't know much about Rafi's Civic, I doubt you'd win that race either. But I'd be happy to run you in my Audi to test your trap calculation :)

Unless you are at the track the same time I was, I would say this isn't gonna happen. As most of the people on this board already know, I choose very carefully with whom, and when, I race on the street. I have seen too many near misses, and completely insane idiocy on the street, running with a crowd of people whom I can't account for.

I don't need to stroke my ego by being king street racer. I didn't build my car (yes I have done every bit of the work) to be the fastest drag , street, road course car ever. I built it to challenge myself and also to scare the shit out of myself. Plus, It doesn't hurt that it is a chick magnet.

Unless you are at the track the same time I was, I would say this isn't gonna happen. As most of the people on this board already know, I choose very carefully with whom, and when, I race on the street. I have seen too many near misses, and completely insane idiocy on the street, running with a crowd of people whom I can't account for.

I don't need to stroke my ego by being king street racer. I didn't build my car (yes I have done every bit of the work) to be the fastest drag , street, road course car ever. I built it to challenge myself and also to scare the shit out of myself. Plus, It doesn't hurt that it is a chick magnet.

Mike you're a chick magnet :gay:

There is no need to worry about being Mr. king street racer or scaring the shit out of yourself with with the set-up you're talking about. But I'm sure there are some Sti's and Evo's you might be able to beat. No comment on the chick magnet crap.

There is no need to worry about being Mr. king street racer or scaring the shit out of yourself with with the set-up you're talking about. But I'm sure there are some Sti's and Evo's you might be able to beat. No comment on the chick magnet crap.

You're just as big a douche as the rest of the Akron clowns. Mike (i.e., Rotarded) is actually trying to be cool, and here you are still being a dick.

I'm going to enjoy taking your money.

You're just as big a douche as the rest of the Akron clowns. Mike (i.e., Rotarded) is actually trying to be cool, and here you are still being a dick.

I'm going to enjoy taking your money.

Hmm....I said nothing that wasn't true, but since this board is full of such shit, it must shock you when someone calls it straight.

Back to you, Mr. Universe. Let's put a wager on you and I running after you run Colt. If you somehow manage to pull off an upset, I'll give you a shot at running me. How about putting up your car? But that would assume you own it....

Rotarded > Rafi

You lose at life, Rafi. Shut the fuck up before I make you race me for cash. Little bitch.

How do you figure?

Rafi is some 500lbs lighter, has 100+ more whp (unless Im missing something with Rotard's set up) and probably more trq(the only freaking car that will have less trq than a Honda lol)

I was just wondering how you formulated this "educated" guess.

Hmm....I said nothing that wasn't true, but since this board is full of such shit, it must shock you when someone calls it straight.

Back to you, Mr. Universe. Let's put a wager on you and I running after you run Colt. If you somehow manage to pull off an upset, I'll give you a shot at running me. How about putting up your car? But that would assume you own it....

Pwnd.

I just heard Dr. ZO6 shit himself from 120 miles away.

Hope IPS takes Discover card!

oooh - that's like the Triple Dog Dare of wagers.

And, Akron rocks - not sure what your basing your information on but.... i've been to Columbus, Ghanna(sp?), and Dublin - not much different than the areas around here.

And, we're the #7 safest city in the country - :D Not sure what that means but it's cool.