FS: Omnifi DMS1 Digital Media Streamer

gillbot

SOLD!

http://www.omnifimedia.com/products/omnifi_details.jsp?productId=12542&partner=

I can get pics to those interested, it has about 25 minutes of use on it total. I upgraded the firmware, listented to one CD and haven't used it since.

Includes everything from the retail pack:

DMS1 Unit

Remote w/ batteries

Power Cord

USB 10/100 Ethernet Adapter

Dlink USB Wireless Adapter

All Cables and Manuals

Original Box

$50 plus shipping

http://gillbot.com/storage/ebay/dms1.jpg

Basically I can listen to any audio my computer is playing with this unit directly through my home stereo. Wirelessly. Is there distance requirements between the stereo receiver and the computer? I seen something on your link about a pay service, that isnt required right.

Shipping should be minimal, I'd guess under $10 but I'd have to box and weigh it to be certain.

Basically what it does is, hook the unit to your network and stereo, you install the software on your PC and point it to a folder of music files. It catalogs the music files and you use the remote and the unit to play them. It doesn't have to be playing on the PC, this unit actually plays them. It's like a mini pc that plays digital music (mp3, wma, etc.), but it only does audio. It has video out for "future support" and displaying track info on your tv as it plays the music, but a tv display not needed since the unit has a screen itself.

There are also free internet radio stations that it can play but I only used it for MP3 audio. I have updated the firmware to the latest and I have the newest software I can toss on a CD also.

Basically what I want to do is play the sound clips from things like the pics and video section of cr. If I am watching a clip I would like the sound to play through my stereo. Secondly we are on yahoo and we get on yahoo music. As I am listening to a song I would like it to be able to also hear it through my stereo. I dont think I download the songs from yahoo to my computer. I just play them from the yahoo music site. Would I need to download and save the music before I am able to use this?