OSU > MICHIGAN

Veritas

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No excuses from me. It was a good game. Both teams could've played better though.

-Mike

I'll take how we played. UM should have played better in THEIR HOUSE. I think the Buckeye D imposed their will when they had to make a play.

I would like to see a UM fan give OSU props instead left handed compliments like "both teams could've played better" Just my humble opinion.

Later

OSU class of 99

GO BUCKS!

Actually, the rest of the truth is that MICHIGAN should have played better in their house. Overcoming that crowd is like playing a 12th man. (excuse the cliche') Michigan had everything go their way and still lost. The Bucks deserve more than, "they could have played better"

Props to OSU for hanging tough and wanting in more than Michigan.

I wasn't bashing OSU, I just don't think both teams were playing to they're full potential.

-Mike

Mike,

I'm not trying to start anything, but I would like to make a point. I too believe the Buckeyes didnt play a perfect game. However, the road team is always at a disadvantage in the Big Ten (especially @ UM) I expected the Buckeyes to struggle. They did. They won. I think they deserve better than "they could have done better." Maybe they could have. I bet they could have in the friendly confines of Ohio Stadium.

OSU handed it to Michigan on their turf and you are upset. Understandable. Get used to it though :)

Late

osu fan here.

neither team has anything to be ashamed of. it was a classic osu-um game, and both teams had to overcome adversity. in the end, it came down to troy smith. that guy would love nothing more than to play michigan every week. good game. better because we won.

I thought it was a great game. Michigan really didn't score any points that they weren't set up for -- virtually every point they scored was given to them on HUGE penalties or turnovers and that blame is on OSU -- but the fact that in spite of how poorly OSU was playing, they still turned around and beat Michigan in the big house when Michigan never even made a mistake like the Buckeyes did is just something to be commended.

Just my two cents.

Yea good game, hope you guys get in a good bowl game.

Question though, can anyone tell me on the last play if our guy was TRYING to throw what game we had left or what?

I mean, your a checkdown reciever. If everyones covered you get the ball and you step out of bounds. The ball is thrown at your foot, first thing going through my head is let it drop no one is going to pick it its basically on the ground. No, he digs it up...Ok 4 yard gain, fall backwards or step back 6inches out of bounds...No instead I will run directly at the middle of the field, I won't turn up field and try to gain yards, instead I will run right at my quarter back? WTF??!

Good game, better then previous years.

I thought both teams played like crap and was disappointed in the game.I can honestly say after watching about 29 OSU/Michigan games this year the teams looked the worst of any I can remember.Before any one says OSU played a good game try 2 lost fumbles,-32 yds punt returning,missed FG,missed xtra point and how about the penalties at crucial times in the game.Michigan just didn't get it done in the fourth period so they didn't deserve to win either.I think with all the talent on both sides of the ball you would have a better game.

I thought both teams played like crap and was disappointed in the game.I can honestly say after watching about 29 OSU/Michigan games this year the teams looked the worst of any I can remember.Before any one says OSU played a good game try 2 lost fumbles,-32 yds punt returning,missed FG,missed xtra point and how about the penalties at crucial times in the game.Michigan just didn't get it done in the fourth period so they didn't deserve to win either.I think with all the talent on both sides of the ball you would have a better game.

At the end of the game, they showed the instant replay of that missed extra point again in slow motion. It was tipped by Michigan. You could see the ball slightly change direction. No biggy.

But the rest I agree with. This almost ended up like the Texas and Penn State games. OSU almost beat OSU. No, that isn't a typo. Texas didn't beat OSU. Penn State didn't beat OSU. OSU beat OSU.

I wasn't bashing OSU, I just don't think both teams were playing to their full potential.

-Mike

Be honest, UM was outclassed all damn game, OSU through penalties and turnovers were trying to give the game away and Bitched-again fouled that up.

if OSU played to thier potential it would have looked alot like last week, it shouldn't have been that close.

This almost ended up like the Texas and Penn State games. OSU almost beat OSU. No, that isn't a typo. Texas didn't beat OSU. Penn State didn't beat OSU. OSU beat OSU.

Couldn't agree more. Nothing would make me happier than seeing Vince get his ego beat down. He didn't deserve that win.

OSU did everything but run the ball in the end-zone for Michigan and we still lost.Another reason to hate the Buckeyes.I am just getting sick of taking the heat and buying lunches for guys at work.It's got to change next year!I am just glad it looks like OSU isn't going to win the Big Ten either.If Tressel wasn't such a class-act I'd hate him too.

OSU did everything but run the ball in the end-zone for Michigan and we still lost.Another reason to hate the Buckeyes.I am just getting sick of taking the heat and buying lunches for guys at work.It's got to change next year!I am just glad it looks like OSU isn't going to win the Big Ten either.If Tressel wasn't such a class-act I'd hate him too.

start rooting for a better team, then. at least it will cost you less.

<grin>

I was at the game and the crowd noise was def loud until the opening score then it wasnt as bad the rest of the game. I thought it was a good game and the fans we sat around were really cool. I only encountered a few Michigan bitches who tried to start shit. The rest of the fan base proved to be very classy.....NO offense to any Mich fan but they were lucky to be in that game. If we didnt turn over the ball like we did it would have probably been a blow out. All in all the best College football game I have ever been too. GO BUCKEYES.....also the Big House sucks as a stadium time to build a new one.