No handed highchair

12oclocker

Ya I guess it is cooler, when I buy a dvd I skip the stunt shows and parking lots and go for the street action. Maybe cooler is the wrong word, maybe its just watching someone unnecessarly risk it all for no gain.

Ya its a bad habit and I try to be as safe as possible and I usually do it when no one is around. Sorry

Nice pics!

so its cooler if ur doing it illegally on roads with traffic, road kill, little kids, blind women, and old hairy guys with canes around???

+1

I give him a LOT of credit for keeping it in a relatively safe environment, and not public roads.......Even if he's not wearing gear other than gloves ;)

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I am curious. I am trying to learn slow wheelies on my XR 80 (looks like the same exact year as yours). I guess ultimately I am just trying to find my balance point so I can begin trying to find it on my CBR F2. Is finding your BP on the XR 80 harder than say a much larger 250?

Are you clutching the XR up in 1st or 2nd? I should be able to have enough RPMs in 1st, but I am having a bit of trouble riding them out and keeping them up.

I didn't even notice, you're in troy. I gotta stop over and learn my balance point on your four wheeler sometime ;). Get rid of all this side to side balance crap. Man, it is so much harder than it looks...

btw- what would it take to test drive one of your supermotos? :D

Nice stunting- I hope to get there someday.

Is finding your BP on the XR 80 harder than say a much larger 250?

Are you clutching the XR up in 1st or 2nd?

btw- what would it take to test drive one of your supermotos? :D

BP is the same on any bike. easier to start out on something small like the 80. I recommend clutching in 1st from a stand still on the 80 and riding the foot brake till u feel comfy without it.

You can't ride his Honda Sumo because I own it now lol. They are a blast. Ive ridden the sumo more than my CBR this year!

haha, in an area like this I could definitely see myself loving an enduro. Specifically, what honda is that and what had to be done to get the street title. It isn't one of those "230m" models is it? I've got to say, if I had your F4i I would sport that thing for sure. That is beautiful. I love the white and red models. I am wondering why I haven't seen it around lately? Having too much fun with your sumo?

I am thinking a 01 F4i or some kind of enduro will be my next bike. I want fuel injection! You looking to sell yours soon? :cool: Either of em...

haha, in an area like this I could definitely see myself loving an enduro. Specifically, what honda is that and what had to be done to get the street title. It isn't one of those "230m" models is it? I've got to say, if I had your F4i I would sport that thing for sure. That is beautiful. I love the white and red models. I am wondering why I haven't seen it around lately? Having too much fun with your sumo?

I am thinking a 01 F4i or some kind of enduro will be my next bike. I want fuel injection! You looking to sell yours soon? :cool: Either of em...

My sumo is the CRF250X model. All you have to do to get the street title is do a "body change" on the title. This is what you would do if you painted your car a diff color and want it to reflect the new color on the title. So when you do the body change, you simply select the type MC, for Motorcycle (street). It didnt have to be inspected or anything. Of course, you need a headlight, tail light, turn signals, mirror, and horn by law....

I get my use out of the F4i, but mostly south of Dayton where the twisties are and NKY once a year. The front wheel is off the F4i now, waiting for its Polished EBC Pro-lite countour XC rotors to arrive. Had issues with them sending me the wrong ones, so its been down for a few weeks. Around Troy, I'm always on the Sumo.

Sorry neither bikes are for sale. Maybe in the next year or two, Ill sell the Sumo to upgrade to a 450... :)

+1

I give him a LOT of credit for keeping it in a relatively safe environment, and not public roads.......Even if he's not wearing gear other than gloves ;)

:plus1:Stunting, like any other form of motorcycling, has it's place when exercised in the right place. If he's in a controlled environment and not putting anyone else at risk or out acting squidly making a shitty name for us all, keep it up, take good pics, and have a good time!

Is finding your BP on the XR 80 harder than say a much larger 250?

Are you clutching the XR up in 1st or 2nd?

I clutch it up in 1st on the XR80, though you can also do it in 2nd, its bad for the tranny on such a small bike. Finding balance point is easy on any bike, once you got a lock on it and get used to using the rear brake, you can zero in on it quickly on pretty much any bike you jump on. Vid from yesterday on the XR80 with the new GoPro HD, enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eRSFC4k2v4

pic from yesterday, no hands, feet hooked under the bars

100_9077_sm.jpg

Edited by 12oclocker

ahaha, thanks for that video. You make it look too fuckin easy, its annoying. I am having more trouble with my side to side balance than my forward and backwards balance. I think I might be going too slow to start out. Circle wheelies almost feel like they would come easier because I can work against the centrifugal force a little bit. Just today, with my left foot skimming the grass, I did 2 and a half balanced circle wheelies :).

It's coming. Slowly but surely.

I wanna try one of those cameras when I snowboard! That would be sweet footage.

Brooks, are you ridding the handbrake on the 80? thats how it appeared anyway... I want to see a clip of you slamming on the front brake of the WR while you roll a fat stoppie
the handbrake doesn't start to engage until it's halfway in on that bike, so I hold it there all the time until it needs squeezing. yeah I need a good stoppie vid, I don't have any good ones, it's a shame, lol
ahaha, thanks for that video. You make it look too fuckin easy, its annoying. I am having more trouble with my side to side balance than my forward and backwards balance. I think I might be going too slow to start out. Circle wheelies almost feel like they would come easier because I can work against the centrifugal force a little bit. Just today, with my left foot skimming the grass, I did 2 and a half balanced circle wheelies :smile:.
side to side balance is the hardest, but it is possible to still go extremely slow in a wheelie, I've finally got to the point where I can wheelie the bike at a point where it is almost standing still and creeps to a stop, crazy as that sounds, its do-able though. the 80 is a good practice bike.