What *free* program can I use to edit music tracks?

Bam

I have quite a few songs on my computer that go to long after ending/start and don't play for like 20 seconds. I want to be able to edit the time it starts/ends each song. What can I use to do this with? You can do it on Itunes, but it doesn't clip the song so its shorter, it just has it start/end with the music getting louder/quieter. Any ideas?

Thanks

i love nero burning rom software. got to love friends who can "cough" hack "cough" the program.

dont even have ot pay for it. me use it for free. best softwarei have ever used. to edit. burn, and sound effects, etc. chop it up and remix it lol.

Ok, I tried Audacity and cooledit. Both are way too involved for me. I couldn't figure out how to skip to the end/edit it. I basically just want a program that will let me select my songs, and like open a dialogue box that lets me enter when I want the song to start and end, (I.E. Start at 0:10, and end at 3:29) Nothing else, I don't want anything fancy. Anything else guys? Thanks

Oh also, I don't want any fade in/out crap. If I want it to stop at 3min 29seconds, I want it to END.