Question for da boyz on the practices of dating!

PrincessPratt

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? cause I think that we can and everyone will still be happy. Why can't we have equal pay/rights and still be treated chivalrously? I split the cost of everything in my relationship. I don't expect to be handed anything and I realize that if I want something, I get it for myself. I don't feel that I am spoiled. I still want my significant other to treat me with chivalry and do nice things for me b/c I do the same for him. It's all give and take. I figure, if I am taking care of him and he of me, no one is left out. I am not talking about monetary things here but that's not what chivalry is about, right?

Maybe I am mixing up terms here. Nothing is more annoying than girls that expect for everything to be handed to them by a man. I can't stand that crap and I think it gives women a bad name. I am just saying that it's nice to have the door held for you or to get his coat when you are cold or for him to protect you in some way or show he is thinking of you.... we return the favor by cooking a good meal or sewing your shirt back together when it is coming apart or writing you a little love note.

Anyway, argument directed at no one in particular, I just certainly hope chivalry isn't dead.

Agree with you Adanda (or is it Ananda...sorry icon_redface.gif) as long as like you said...Its' mutual

Somene else once told me that "As long as you always put the other one's needs first....even before your own....You'll want for nothing" smooches.gif

chiv·al·rous thinsp.png[shiv-uhthinsp.pngl-ruhthinsp.pngs]Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–adjective 1.having the qualities of chivalry, as courage, courtesy, and loyalty. 2.considerate and courteous to women; gallant. 3.gracious and honorable toward an enemy, esp. a defeated one, and toward the weak or poor.

Agree with you Adanda (or is it Ananda...sorry icon_redface.gif) as long as like you said...Its' mutual

Somene else once told me that "As long as you always put the other one's needs first....even before your own....You'll want for nothing" smooches.gif

So where does "You're not going on another ride" "Yes I am, watch me" fit in to the "put other one's needs first"??

:lol::lol:

I don't consider these points being made as chivalry, but more as just normal. I do that stuff and never realize it. Chivalry makes me think of a princess being rescued from an evil wizard in some old castle. :dunno:

There is also confusion between common courtesy, and chivalry.

Opening the door, etc, definately falls under the chivalrous category....NOT common courtesy. Do women ever open your door/pull out your chair/Lift heavy things for you??? These types of things are generally one sided

chiv·al·rous thinsp.png // www.ohio-riders.net", "6"); interfaceflash.addParam("loop", "false"); interfaceflash.addParam("quality", "high"); interfaceflash.addParam("menu", "false"); interfaceflash.addParam("salign", "t"); interfaceflash.addParam("FlashVars", "soundUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fcache.lexico.com%2Fdictionary%2Faudio%2Fluna%2FC04%2FC0419800.mp3"); interfaceflash.write(); // ]]> Audio Help/ˈʃɪvthinsp.pngəlthinsp.pngrəs/Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[shiv-uhthinsp.pngl-ruhthinsp.pngs]Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–adjective 1.having the qualities of chivalry, as courage, courtesy, and loyalty. 2.considerate and courteous to women; gallant. 3.gracious and honorable toward an enemy, esp. a defeated one, and toward the weak or poor.

Just because you are courteous, doesn't mean you are practicing 'chivalry'.

That's exactly what I was trying to say.

So when you were dating, was the cell phone invented yet?:bitchfight:
I think bag phones may have come out somewhere during that era!! :D
I never thought of it that way. You do make a valid arguement there. Hmm.:confused:

Moi?!? eusa_shifty.gif Why thank you Nikko....I'm flattered icon_redface.gificon_lol.gif