Rough Idle, lurching DSM

DrEvil3264

Well today after i got back from class i was low on coolant cuz of a small leak, i filled up the resorvoir then took the car to a friends house. The idle was extremely rough, and when id drive it it almost felt as if the clutch was slipping really bad. When i was cruising in a neighborhood going about 20 in 2nd gear it seemed to run normal until i would give it a lot of gas then the car would just lurch like the clutch was slipping and felt like it had no power. I dunno why it would do this, im pretty sure its not the clutch cuz u can tell that theres something wrong with the motor. today i replaced all 4 spark plugs it didnt fix the problem, but it did make it run a lot better. Still idles a lil rough and still lurches but not nearly as bad, just thought that might help with ne ideas to whats causing this...the coolant leak is coming out somewhere around the oil pan but i cant quite find where it is. Its almost as if the motor stutters when in a higher gear and when approaching redline it loses pretty much ALL power at 6000 rpms. This is the non turbo 4G63 if you were wondering. Any replys would help, thanks guys

Guest BlackHatch
Is it throwing a CEL ? I would check my 02 sensor and see if that helps. I picked mine up from Uwrench it for 6.50 because I wasnt entirely sure if that was the problem in my civic. Worked like a charm, and I was having similar symptoms.

isint a non turbo eclispe a A200 motor. thats a dodge neon motor. you might try calling a dodge dealer or looking on the web for dodge neon common problems and vfacq's. my guess would be if the throttle body is like a 4g63 turbo car there is a biss screw that will leak and cause problems. this happened on my car and i fixed it with a 1dollar oring and some black rtv silicone. hope that helps.