While we're on the subject of skiing... where to get cheap ski's/boots/etc?

excell

Where can I go to get a set of decent ski's at a good price? I need some place that will fit me and stuff so I get the right sizes, because I've only ever rented and they have always done the fitting for me. I only plan to ski 5-6 times a winter, so I don't need to spend $1000. But I think I would go more if I owned a set, and I LOVE to ski.

Thanks. :D

how tall are you...i've been thinking about gettin new skis, and i have a 4 or 5 year old pair of Rossignol Rebel X's that i was thinking about putting out there to sell. They are 184 cm, and though I really like my bindings (Rossi Freestyle FTX) i might leave those on there too. The skis have definitely been used, but no serious problems/gouges/anything like that and after a good wax and sharpen, they feel like the day they were bought. I'll have to do some research, but if you wanna buy used, i'll negotiate.

this should probably be moved to the Garage

EDIT: I just checked on ebay...the skis MSRP'd new for $459, and are selling on ebay for anywhere between 80 and 200. The 80 ones i've seen look to be in lesser shape and with shitty bindings. My Freestyle FTX bindings are insane. They have only popped on me once, and I weigh a solid 220. I used the skis for a good deal of Giant Slalom-style skiing, but also took them to the park with great ease (no rails though!) and into the woods as well. They are light, nimble skis, and flex when needed, but they also will give you a decent amount of resistance for GS skiing. Like i said, I'm 6'3" and 220, and these skis are a LITTLE small for me.

I'm in Boston right now, but will be back in Ohio Dec 27, or my parents can be a 'middleman' or whatever if you need pics. Feel free to call me 614-499-1112 (area code is necessary, since i'm outta area) anytime after 4. If my stuff doesn't suit you, I know a few people that can help you out, so PM me or something.

Good luck in your endeavors.

I'm 5'10"

See, I know nothing about what to look for in ski sizes.

mkay, mine are probably a little big for you, but its not much of a big deal since they are shaped skis and make turning a lot easier. if you're just looking to do some casual skiing, you won't have a problem. my dad is still using his 1982 K2's and they weigh 900 pounds each and are completely straight...he uses 180cm and he's 5'8".

it really depends more on how much you weigh...this should help give you an idea:http://www.scsports.com/articles.cfm?go=14