Ok now, this thread will tell you why bracket racing is ghey

Sam1647545489

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ihuntv8
bracket racing is ok, if its NO BOX. If you run a box in your car your a lame ass fuck that cant drive. electronics suck when it comes to that kind of racing, there is no fun in that, hold a button top yellow comes on let go of button and just streer. BOX CARS SUCK, ask me how i really feel..lol

i race pro sound like thats where he needs to be racing. no 14 sec cars in pro and i believe even better drivers. way closer on there dial. and if you cut worse than a .020 light good chance youll loose. I cant get into box cars. i can understand if in a super class. but anything else would not make any sense. If i build a 7 sec car i want to go 7s every pass.

Well I guess is my reason for not liking bracket racing. I did it and was paired up to a chevette. Guy dialed in a 18.1 time. I dialed in a 12.5 (old car). He was I swear at least 65-70% down the track before I even got to take off. He beat me by a small margin. He ended up runnin a 18.2 to my 12.8 something. :bs:

Bracket racing anything slower than a 13 sec car is ghey, I will give you that.

BUT, bracket racing itself is not ghey. To build a fast car (10s or better), and to have it dead on consistent enough to win events, is MUCH more difficult that dropping off your ________(insert American Sports car here) at your local shop, like __ __ __ (insert your favorite acronym here) and pelting it with your credit car until it blings out of control and makes the power you desire.

I am not a bracket racer, but I am realistic. It is harder to build a Great 10 sec bracket race car than a 9 sec _______. Furthermore, if you are not a good driver, your bracket racing ability is hindered more, while in a heads up race, your can bog the launch or fall asleep at the light, and if you have the power, it will not matter in the end anyway.

I have won close to 11k dollars bracket racing over the past 7 years (not inlcuding the past two seasons for which I have attended zero events). How much have y'all won street racing?

I love the Wizard of Oz.

I was waiting for this post...

:popcorn:

-Marc

I have won close to 11k dollars bracket racing over the past 7 years (not inlcuding the past two seasons for which I have attended zero events). How much have y'all won street racing?

I love the Wizard of Oz.

Glenn you know how much I have won because you did all my betting....

If all racing was heads up it would come down to who has the most money 90% of the time.In Bracket racing the feild is equalized so too say.It comes down to who knows their car the best,there reaction time and driving ability.Its lets anybody be able to compete no matter what you have or have to spend.You have to be able to dial your car to weather changes,drive the strip and its fun :)

Right here.

Takes money out of the equation and levels the field. Makes it a drivers race and not a wallet race.

bracket racing is ok, if its NO BOX. If you run a box in your car your a lame ass fuck that cant drive. electronics suck when it comes to that kind of racing, there is no fun in that, hold a button top yellow comes on let go of button and just streer. BOX CARS SUCK, ask me how i really feel..lol

No Box and footbraking all the way - yeah - that's badass!! :D

To build a fast car (10s or better), and to have it dead on consistent enough to win events, is MUCH more difficult that dropping off your ________(insert American Sports car here) at your local shop, like __ __ __ (insert your favorite acronym here) and pelting it with your credit car until it blings out of control and makes the power you desire.

Wait a minute. So, you're saying it's easy to make enough money to buy the car you want and then have enough money available to take it to a shop, name the power you desire, and pay to have it done? That's easy? Pray tell me how that's easy, beyond winning the lottery or inheriting the money.

Wait a minute. So, you're saying it's easy to make enough money to buy the car you want and then have enough money available to take it to a shop, name the power you desire, and pay to have it done? That's easy? Pray tell me how that's easy, beyond winning the lottery or inheriting the money.

I assume now is a bad time to tell everyone your parents are rich and you won the lottery last year when you got the vette right?

I bought my Mustang on a Sunday about 7 years ago, went to Trails 3 days later on Wendesday and won grudge night. It was fun.

I have a ran a 13.250, on a 13.25 dial with .500 light

I converted my Mustang to a 5 speed a week before NMRA Norwalk '02, ran the Quick Ford class with over 500 cars in the class and made it to the quarter finals. I did this on bald 225/50-15's. That was AWESOME!

Nope, I said

Bracket racing anything slower than a 13 sec car is ghey, I will give you that.

BUT, bracket racing itself is not ghey. To build a fast car (10s or better), and to have it dead on consistent enough to win events, is MUCH more difficult that dropping off your ________(insert American Sports car here) at your local shop, like __ __ __ (insert your favorite acronym here) and pelting it with your credit car until it blings out of control and makes the power you desire.

I am not a bracket racer, but I am realistic. It is harder to build a Great 10 sec bracket race car than a 9 sec _______. Furthermore, if you are not a good driver, your bracket racing ability is hindered more, while in a heads up race, your can bog the launch or fall asleep at the light, and if you have the power, it will not matter in the end anyway.

Nope, I said

Okay, so it's just MUCH more difficult to build a car to run 10s or better consistently than it is to make enough money to buy the car you want, drop it off at a shop, and basically name the power/performance that you want?

Is that what you're saying? Just trying to understand here.

Okay, so it's just MUCH more difficult to build a car to run 10s or better consistently than it is to make enough money to buy the car you want, drop it off at a shop, and basically name the power/performance that you want?

Is that what you're saying? Just trying to understand here.

Exactly.

No just consistently, as in 10..9, 10.7, 10.99, 10.3.....

But accurate enough to win big bracket race events. A dead nuts 10 sec car will be more expensive and difficult to drive, build. and maintain then a Daily Driven 10 sec car. (assuming the same platform)