Bring on the Irish....

black00ws6

notre dame is overrated, and does not DESERVE to be in this game...

radio/tv/intraweb/ weiss/tressel/ G.W. Bush/and Saddam all agree ND should be playing in the GMAC bowl against the MAC numero uno.

Like we didn't see this thread turning to crap considering, for the second game on a row, OSU is now pitted against a team with a huge and rabid nationwide fan base who have never set foot on thier favorite college campus, let alone in the same state.
I'm gonna assume that's aimed at me, which is funny cause you're wrong on both counts. ;)

I also fail to see how the thread has turned to crap, all I've said is I think the game is gonna be closer than Buckeye fans believe.

WOOT, going to this game :D

The only thing that worries me about this one is Weis.. He has 4 weeks to watch OSU tape; this is the guy that tore apart NFL teams defense so we might be in for a surprise. I will say, however, that if OSU's offense comes out to play then we should win since ND's D is so inconsistent.

The only thing that worries me about this one is Weis.. He has 4 weeks to watch OSU tape; this is the guy that tore apart NFL teams defense so we might be in for a surprise. I will say, however, that if OSU's offense comes out to play then we should win since ND's D is so inconsistent.

I'm jealous. I really wish I had the money/time to be able to go.

I'm gonna assume that's aimed at me, which is funny cause you're wrong on both counts. ;)

I also fail to see how the thread has turned to crap, all I've said is I think the game is gonna be closer than Buckeye fans believe.

It was directed at no one.

Ok I may have been a bit premature in using the term "didn't" instead of "won't".

I also made no prognostication as to the outcome, or competitiveness, of the game.

Regardless of the outcome of the game itself, the hype, pomp, and circumstance leading up to this game will rival the actual on-field antics.

Yes, this one is directed at you.

Go Bucks!

I'm thinking of going to the game. John, are you going with a package deal?

I have the same concerns, John, regarding ND and Weis - with a lot of time to prepare, things could get hairy. Yet, Tressel and staff have shown themselves an uncanny ability to prepare for big games, especially defensively. I'm sure no one will disagree that Miami in 2002 was considered to have a mighty, mighty offense, one that was supposed to run haphazard over OSU. We shut that down effectively enough I would say.

In just the little bit of media I've read from the OSU side since the bowl selections were made, it seems like the OSU players may already be a little testy concerning all the hype over ND and a perceived lack of respect for OSU's program. I assume it will only get worse - the closer the game gets, the more we'll surely hear of ND's "superior" tradition, following, TV ratings, etc. This, I think, will supremely motivate OSU - kind of like in 2002, they'll come in with a pretty big chip on their shoulder. Remember 2002, and how all anyone talked about was Miami's "speed" and their "superior athleticism?" I think OSU got really pissed by all that hype and came out and showed just as much speed and athleticism as Miami.

I'm thinking of going to the game. John, are you going with a package deal?

No package deal.. I booked the room/flight on expedia last night and just purchase tix on ebay. The packages I have seen have varied from 1500-2000 and booking separately, it will be around 900-1000. If you're looking to spend less, a friend of mine is flying into vegas and then just renting a car from there to drive the rest of the way, he did this for the OSU/Miami game and said it wasn't too bad of drive (whole trip was around 700 /w tix).

Just about every flight was booked on the 31, 1st, 3rd and 4th.. I just got lucky after trying for hours since all the sites were running piss slow. There were also several flights available that left from cincy or dayton.

Yea BUT he had Brady then and now he has Quinn. Brady is a much better QB the Quinn and had alot more talent around him at New England obviously.