The beast is alive!!!

Guest Ponyfreak

thats nice but i dont think youll win any races.

you will be traveling so fast that it will spin the world backwards throwing yourself into a time warp and you will have appearently finished in time when you started redearing your loss.

have you got to drive it any yet or you just start it up?

what turbo is that anyway? looks like a precision but what size.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ponyfreak

I hope to have the chance to run over to Mid ohio with Matt sometime next year. Reguadless of the outcome, it will be a blast. I hope to take a lot more time away from work and enjoy life a little more.

I might have the faster car, but I am sure Matt is the better driver.

From what i have heard either one of our cars will be tricky to run around that track. I will have to keep the rev's low and stay out of the boost, while i think he will have to keep the rev's high with his setup.

THe 5" SS pipe comes from Burns Stainless, headers are 321SS, collectors are 5:1 Burns merge, uppipes are all 304 2.5" and all cold piping is 4" aluminum. Visit their website to appreciate the pain...

THe turbo is a Precision large frame. As it says in my avitar it is 100mm+ club. There are only two turbos that size so you have a 50/50.

I hope to have the chance to run over to Mid ohio with Matt sometime next year. Reguadless of the outcome, it will be a blast. I hope to take a lot more time away from work and enjoy life a little more.

I might have the faster car, but I am sure Matt is the better driver.

From what i have heard either one of our cars will be tricky to run around that track. I will have to keep the rev's low and stay out of the boost, while i think he will have to keep the rev's high with his setup.

Do one of the Mid Ohio NASA weekends. I know they have one or two guys (at least they did) with viper racing experience as instructors. If you get one of them on as your instructor, he could help you sort out the mechanical grip of the car. I doubt there are many folk who've driven power like your cars produce, maybe an ex-Can Am driver or two. I've asked the regional director If they have anyone of that caliber to offer.

April 21-23 Mid Ohio

June 10-11 BeaveRun (good starter track)

July 7-9 Mid Ohio

August 11-13 Mid Ohio

September 11-17 NASA Nationals Mid Ohio

Guest Ponyfreak
Do one of the Mid Ohio NASA weekends. I know they have one or two guys (at least they did) with viper racing experience as instructors. If you get one of them on as your instructor, he could help you sort out the mechanical grip of the car. I doubt there are many folk who've driven power like your cars produce, maybe an ex-Can Am driver or two. I've asked the regional director If they have anyone of that caliber to offer.

April 21-23 Mid Ohio

June 10-11 BeaveRun (good starter track)

July 7-9 Mid Ohio

August 11-13 Mid Ohio

September 11-17 NASA Nationals Mid Ohio

Thanks for the heads up. I will definatly keep this in mind!! Is Beaver run cheaper than Mid ohio to run at?

beaverun is an awesome track! id much rather track there than at mid ohio.

eric, can you imagine that viper coming down the back straight flat out? <shivers>

Can you imagine how fast he'll be when he works up the bullocks to "gas until you see god, then brake"? Beaverun, though lacking big straights, is a track that rewards balls while braking. How late you brake ad how fast to can turn in make your lap times. Thats how Jack got the 180-190hp benz around there 10sec faster then my 240hp Tbird, it turns in like a bullet train. At full bewst the Viper is a contemporary Can Am car.....hmm, why'd they cancel that series again? :p