1989 ralley sport camaro

Guest Lowered_93_SBC_S10

Guest Lowered_93_SBC_S10

The car is a ralley sport 350 TBI 700r4 tranny 4.10 posi rear end. car needs paint all glass good. interior decent 78,000 original miles 14" chrome edelbrock air cleaner with 14"x3" K&N filter. Accel wires with car (need installed) needs exhaust (stops after cat)

i got

3 and the hit from a 12.90 mustang and beat him by a fender.

best offer trade chevy ford dodge honda acura mitsibishi eagle ect

interested in turbos/vtecs

740-248-6891

Guest Lowered_93_SBC_S10
yes i am sure camaros firebirds transams had 350 tbi motors in them. I am going to tell you like everyone else on here has if your not interested dont post. i know what my car is i have bought parts and worked on it thanks. i am not trying to be rude but i am tired of every post i make people are stupid about it.

I hesitate to even get in on this, and I'm sorry in advance to whoever.

According to many sites, and my personal experience, the RS did NOT come with the 5.7 TBI. Was it some rare option or swapped out later?

http://www.phy.duke.edu/~hartley/iroc/iroc_specs.html

http://www.f-body.org/tech/tech.htm#ThirdGen

This is a chance for other 3rd gen fans to learn something.

Guest Lowered_93_SBC_S10
idk it is a 350 and it is tbi i think the intake was off of a truck i am not sure but it is a 5.7 rs camaro the guy i bought it off of said it was numbers matching.

i've owned 10 or 11 3rd gen f-bodies and also researched them for years. the only real way to find out is to run the numbers on the block. Also the 8th digit of the vin is the engine code from the factory as follows 8=350 tpi f&g=305tpi e=305tbi. I am not trying to be cocky either I would hate for some one to be mislead. As far as I know 350 was only available in tpi IROCs in 89 as they also did not make z28 that year, and RSs came with 305TBIs. hopefully that will help.

yes i am sure camaros firebirds transams had 350 tbi motors in them. I am going to tell you like everyone else on here has if your not interested dont post. i know what my car is i have bought parts and worked on it thanks. i am not trying to be rude but i am tired of every post i make people are stupid about it.

You're telling an admin to not post. That's funny.

The 305TBI motor is an overpriced boat anchor. If it is truly a 350TBI, it is probably out of a truck (like I said, then you hinted at the intake being from a truck). If it is from a truck, then other questions come to mind such as:

-Is the motor from the truck too?

-Where did the motor come from?

-Is the motor the stock motor from the car?

-What motor was originally in the car?

-Why was a 350TBI used?

-Since this obviously isn't the original setup, how many miles are on it?

-If the motor is out of a truck, did you know it has a flat tappet cam and not a roller?

-The HP from a 350TBI truck was only 210HP at the crank. Do you know the HP from this setup?

So, 3rd gen Fbodies did not come with a 350TBI and I WAS (keyword is definitely WAS) interested in this car. I simply wanted clearification on the motor, since there is no way your car came with a 350TBI stock. Would you care to appologize now?

Guest Lowered_93_SBC_S10
ok look i am telling you exactly what i was told when i purchesed it at the car lot. i put the intake on it from the truck and it was a 350 tbi. the injectors went bad and i had a truck for parts. so i used them auto zone to,d me that they was higher fuel presure so i used that set up i sold the old tbi intake to a friend that his cracked. the motor as far as i know is the original motor and my dad (ASE CERTIFIED MECHANIC) said it was too why would he lie? the motor has 79 k original on it agian as i was told i cant see the f****n numebers on the back of the block no i dont know the horse power but went low 13s on street trim beat a 12.90 car that gave me 3 cars by fender. i wasnt trying to be rude but everytime i post on here someone has a smart ass remark and you all cant figure out why people like lil kipp got pissed and started threatning people. i could really care less to sell the car if it sales it sales but if it dont it dont i am going to carb/cam it and race it. so its ok if you dont want to look at it. but if you do thats fine i dont care if people think different about me and think i am a d**k or not thats what i think.

If the car has the orignal motor the car has TBI 305, call F-Body Motorsports in NC 704-494-0005. They know more about any 3gen F-Body than anyone on here and they will tell you not one RS Camaro ever came with a TBI or TPI 350, and 3gen F-Bodys never came with TBI350s anyways, only TPI on the 350. I want to see a time slip for those 13second passes. I have a 91 TransAm with a 305TPI motor and a 700R4 w/ a 3.08 open diff, is bone stock other than a Flowmaster exhaust. We can line up and go from a dig untill I hit the 105mph speed limiter and we will see how many car lenghts you have on me.

Guest Lowered_93_SBC_S10

I have a 91 TransAm with a 305TPI motor and a 700R4 w/ a 3.08 open diff, is bone stock other than a Flowmaster exhaust. We can line up and go from a dig untill I hit the 105mph speed limiter and we will see how many car lenghts you have on me.

first of all your car isnt going to do 105 in a 1/4 so why would we race to 105? and not in this weather i dont have my slicks anymore so i will beat you by about maybe 4 in the 1/4 they went 14.5 stock and it is a 350

idk it is a 350 and it is tbi i think the intake was off of a truck i am not sure but it is a 5.7 rs camaro the guy i bought it off of said it was numbers matching.

Here you say "it is tbi i think the intake was off of a truck"...

i put the intake on it from the truck and it was a 350 tbi. the injectors went bad and i had a truck for parts.

And here you say "i put the intake on it from the truck"...

I would only race you to 105mph because in 91 and 92 the ECU litmits the car to 105mph from the factory. I never said it went 105 in the 1/4, it actualy only went 89mph in the 1/4.

You say you would beat me by 4, 4 what? mph or what 4 seconds faster in the 1/4...No

You say it "they went 14.5 stock", what did? a 305 TPI TA...no our 89 350TPI IROC only went 14.82@92mph stock with the factory 700R4 and Borg Warner 2.77 Rear end. The TA only went 15.91@89mph, but it would still beat your TBI 305 anyday.

Lowered_93_SBC_S10: I'm not sure if you're trying to scam someone here or what, but you definitely need to get your facts straight. You've contradicted yourself a few times already in this thread. Figure out what the motor is. Post your VIN. I'm sure we'd all be more than happy to clearify this for you. You need to know for sure what this car is before you try to sell it as something it isn't. So, post the VIN. We'll tell you what it was stock. If you want, PM me. We can meet up, and I'll tell you what the motor is 100% for sure. But I promise, you do not have a stock 350TBI Camaro.

Guest Lowered_93_SBC_S10
you got it i will take your 5 in the nova oh and you saw the camaro the chevelle is in the garage. i will take your 5 cars for 500 fuckit i offerd you 10 and you get big headed and offer me 5 let me know

why does he have to wait for you to get your shit back?? That means your car doesnt even run.. shut the fuck up dude.. youre not tough.. If people want to buy this fucking car then let them.. if not then dont.. Nobody is forceing anyone to do shit.. So chill out.. I see you have posted your guys side and he posted his.. let the future buyer make the decision and thats that.. Damn.. Bump for some one trying to sell a car.. and bump for haters..

I have a 91 TransAm with a 305TPI motor and a 700R4 w/ a 3.08 open diff, is bone stock other than a Flowmaster exhaust. We can line up and go from a dig untill I hit the 105mph speed limiter and we will see how many car lenghts you have on me.

first of all your car isnt going to do 105 in a 1/4 so why would we race to 105? and not in this weather i dont have my slicks anymore so i will beat you by about maybe 4 in the 1/4 they went 14.5 stock and it is a 350

I call bullshit stock 305's went 15's

If you car went 13's post your slip or 60's

I can't stand ricer mentality ... So Fuck it I will race your camaro

MY timeslip it below... Don't talk about you nova chevelle or anything else. Because If so my bike could play i guesse :\

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/spec_engines.aspx?year=1989&make=Chevrolet&model=Camaro&trimid=-1&src=VIP&tab=2&sub=1

Guest Lowered_93_SBC_S10
ok THORNE call bull shit all you fuckin want i dont care i know what i ran on a g meter and if you read thougro it says how we determend ass hole read before you post all of you are fuckin stupid i know what my car went and i know it would toast that dsm when ever wereever lets race bitch