Anyone smoke/drink this much??

black00ws6

What do you do that you have time for that many smoke breaks?

I would guess that the person in question is unemployed. John described the person as a "claimant" and referenced an evaluation by a psych doc, which sounds like a disability case/claim to me (and people who file disability claims are usually unemployed).

So, yeah, 60 cigarettes a day is an outrageous amount of smoking - no job would realistically afford someone that many smoke breaks.

(And Ricochet, I'm with you - even when I smoked regularly, the most I could ever get through - even on a weekend/drinking night - was about 30 cigarettes, and then it felt like my chest was going to implode.)

I would guess that the person in question is unemployed. John described the person as a "claimant" and referenced an evaluation by a psych doc, which sounds like a disability case/claim to me (and people who file disability claims are usually unemployed).

So, yeah, 60 cigarettes a day is an outrageous amount of smoking - no job would realistically afford someone that many smoke breaks.

(And Ricochet, I'm with you - even when I smoked regularly, the most I could ever get through - even on a weekend/drinking night - was about 30 cigarettes, and then it felt like my chest was going to implode.)

That is correct... Unemployed and trying to get more $$ from her workers comp claim. The Dr. is even siding with her for more treatments regarding her injury.

I have easily smoked 3 packs a day at times. Winter is extremely hard for me. I do most of my work outside and have alot of down time on certain jobs. We worked last year down in west virginia for 36 hours straight. Me and a couple other guys went through a couple cartons. Besides that the concrete dust that comes off of whatever I am cutting contains silica dust. They say breathing this dust in 1 time is enough to cause silicosis(lung cancer). If you smoke you are 99% more likely to contract it.

I have easily smoked 3 packs a day at times. Winter is extremely hard for me. I do most of my work outside and have alot of down time on certain jobs. We worked last year down in west virginia for 36 hours straight. Me and a couple other guys went through a couple cartons. Besides that the concrete dust that comes off of whatever I am cutting contains silica dust. They say breathing this dust in 1 time is enough to cause silicosis(lung cancer). If you smoke you are 99% more likely to contract it.

Not being a smart ass here but logic would tell me that if I am working around some "dust" that causes cancer, I WILL have on one good respirator to filter that before it hits my lungs.

;)

Have you ever tried working in a respirator for an extended period of time. I'm talking hours on end. We cut everything with water, which eliminates most airborne particals.

I have looked but havent found any research about people who work around such hazards and the long term affects it has on them.