Computer help...

Boost-n-Juice

My sister works from home and is having problems with her desk top. I would like to fix the problem without re-imaging the HD etc..

Is there anyone who would can go over there with me some night this week and help me fix it? She lives is Hilliard/Galloway area. I can never resolve these types of issues, I always just start over.

Problem...sporadically she can't print, it will show the job ready to print in the system tray, but never prints. Also, sporadically she will go to any random website and the browser says "done" at the bottom left, but nothing is loaded, blank page. Then she trys to restart, or log off and it does nothing.

She is also having other issues with other software and hardware.

It's Windows XP on a Dell I think.

It could be a virus problem if it relates to all of those things.

For the printer: try to unplug printer and go to the control panel and uninstall all printing drivers and devices then turn the computer off and plug the printer back in while it is off.Plug it back in and restart the computer and it should reinstall itself with Windows Plug n Play.

Internet: Is she using Mozilla or IE?

If all else fails, Run virus scanners and adware programs and try to rid of all of those. Make sure everything is updated too (Windows XP, printer drivers, network drivers, motherboard drivers, etc.)