Wheel trouble on a 2000 pontiac grand am

Dan1647545506

i came out of a parking lot and hit black ice, i hit a curb and my tire was the point of impact. my wheel looks like is 1-2" farther back then the normal tires. when i turn to the right my wheel scraps up against the plastic on the inside. please help me out, mabey someone in the area can look at it for me and possible fix it. I dont have a lot of money to waste on the dealership repairing it.

let me know asap.

Dan,

Guest Evl Mdgt
been there done that... did it last year on a sunfire... it was the control arm that I bent. not a hard fix... just expensive. the part is a couple hundred at a dealership... i'd go to a junk yard or something and get the part. a lot cheaper that way

Not gonna swing by if you're in Dublin. You can look under to see what is bent yourself though. Shouldn't bee too hard to find. Just compare it to the other side. If you don't know the name of the part that's bent then you should invest in a repair manual. It should have a diagram with the part and it's location.

my buddy has an alero(same body style) and he just hit a curb and snapped the steering knuckle being its made from aluminum. so when looking at your car you have only a few things that could be messed up.

the strut-where it pinches around the knuckle make sure it looks straight, pull off your other wheel to compare it will help

the knuckle- it wont bend being aluminum it will just break so you coul probably assume its ok

the control arm- thin metal most likely culprit

the frame- make sure you look at where the control arm bolts to the frame and make sure nothings bent/damaged there.