Upgrades for a WS6?

Billy

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

STOP! before anyone says anything else!!! You need to know that upgrading your WS6 is a path down emptying you wallet with little to gain, no matter how much money you throw at them you will never be "FAST". or make anyting more than about 150 rwhp and 140lb/ft.

Your best bet is to buy and mod a . . . . Del Sol !!!!!!

honestly just go cam for now... at 18, with an agressive cam, headers, LS6 intake and a good tune, you're going to make WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more power than you know what to do with or can handle.....

Everyone is saying heads and cam which are great ideas, but I want to make sure that you know that when you go with that combo, you MUST get headers at the same time or you wont get anywhere close to the full potential out of it.

If you're going that route or mod'ing your car period, DO IT YOURSELF... I can't stress this enough... if you just throw your money or your parents money at it and don't work on it, you won't respect it much as well as you won't know how the hell anything was done and you'll just be another squirel... (SQUIRRRRRRRRRRRRRLEYYYYY!)

If you're going that route or mod'ing your car period, DO IT YOURSELF... I can't stress this enough... if you just throw your money or your parents money at it and don't work on it, you won't respect it much as well as you won't know how the hell anything was done and you'll just be another squirel... (SQUIRRRRRRRRRRRRRLEYYYYY!)

Uh, I'm a squirrel because I pay to have the majority of work done on my car by IPS?

Uh, I'm a squirrel because I pay to have the majority of work done on my car by IPS?

not necissarily a squirrel but deffinately lazy... if I can work on a motor, anyone can. people that do the work themselves on their cars deffinately appriciate it allot more... true story.

honestly just go cam for now... at 18, with an agressive cam, headers, LS6 intake and a good tune, you're going to make WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more power than you know what to do with or can handle.....

Everyone is saying heads and cam which are great ideas, but I want to make sure that you know that when you go with that combo, you MUST get headers at the same time or you wont get anywhere close to the full potential out of it.

Not that I amm the only one, I work two jobs, plow snow in the winter and go to school, so it's my money. If i have IPS work on my car, which I proablly will, First they will tune it and do the major installs like cam, and heads. Secondly, I cannot aford to do thsoe installs my self and fuck something up, and have to end up paying a shop to fix what broke, and fix what I fucked up installing. Thrid, I will do the installs that I am capable of, unlike the cam, and heads if I go that route. Thanks for your info though. ;)

not necissarily a squirrel but deffinately lazy... if I can work on a motor, anyone can. people that do the work themselves on their cars deffinately appriciate it allot more... true story.

Are you really as fucking stupid as this post makes you sound? Lazy? I have like six jobs and work in the area of 60 hours per week, consistently. Believe me, if I had time to work on my car and do everything myself, I would. But I don't - because I'm too busy fucking working. Christ, you're a dumbass - true fucking story.

Are you really as fucking stupid as this post makes you sound? Lazy? I have like six jobs and work in the area of 60 hours per week, consistently. Believe me, if I had time to work on my car and do everything myself, I would. But I don't - because I'm too busy fucking working. Christ, you're a dumbass - true fucking story.

Everyone is jealous we don't make enough to have trust worthy professionals attend to our greed. One day, I want to own all the oil fields and rebuild my country.....and one day, pay american's to work on my cars so I don't have to swap lifters in 2 feet of snow, in a garage unbreathable from the byproduct of burning propane, and my hands frozen to the cheap GM plastic that has been bittersweet to the very end.

-The book of Nathan 12:16

Not that I amm the only one, I work two jobs, plow snow in the winter and go to school, so it's my money. If i have IPS work on my car, which I proablly will, First they will tune it and do the major installs like cam, and heads. Secondly, I cannot aford to do thsoe installs my self and fuck something up, and have to end up paying a shop to fix what broke, and fix what I fucked up installing. Thrid, I will do the installs that I am capable of, unlike the cam, and heads if I go that route. Thanks for your info though. ;)

Installing a cam in an Ls motor is pretty simple. Sure you can fuck it up, but you can fuck up the simplest of things. RTFM.

Installing a cam in an Ls motor is pretty simple. Sure you can fuck it up, but you can fuck up the simplest of things. RTFM.

I do not know how to install the cam, sure I can learn, and I would love to do so, but I would rather pay someone a little bit do it right the first time, and just like the Dr said, some of us don't have time to work on our own cars, atleast to that extent

I do not know how to install the cam, sure I can learn, and I would love to do so, but I would rather pay someone a little bit do it right the first time, and just like the Dr said, some of us don't have time to work on our own cars, atleast to that extent

Understandable.

If you want to learn, you have to make time. Cars are like drugs, once you rip one motor apart you want to rip all motors apart. What makes you think you won't do it right the first time?