Mountain bikers...

drblake

Anyone have any opinions on good/better/best as far as price vs performance when it comes to the Deore LX, XT, and XTR component sets? I know that the XTR is quite a bit lighter and does cost quite a bit more but is the increased performance worth the money?

are you using it for hardcore racin or wanting to be the best you can get for your own pleasure/use? I have been happy with the performance given the price point at the LX level. Each pound off the bike is going to be nearly 1000 bucks.

Actually I'm a sponsored rider for flyte1.com so I get pretty good deals. I am fairly new to mountain biking though(I do mostly tri's) so I was wondering if any "experts" could give their opinion on pro's and con's of each.

I work for a shop well since I was 14 so almost 10 years...I ride xtr just b/c I can and My road bikes are almost always Dura-ace or Record if I have a Campy bike but lx/xt is the best for the $ And never get a cable disc brake if you get them.

I work for a shop well since I was 14 so almost 10 years...I ride xtr just b/c I can and My road bikes are almost always Dura-ace or Record if I have a Campy bike but lx/xt is the best for the $ And never get a cable disc brake if you get them.

I think I have seen you out at alum creek before, riding backwords and shit. It was a ways back though.