08 ninja 250 OTD price

jermattak

thanks kawi kid!!

we need to go ride! lol

ok.. i didnt want to share this cuz i know more than likely i got :sexytime:bent over, but my payoff is 4,869.65...BUT i did spend another 600 for the lifetime/extended warrenty. BUT thats also with a 14.75% rate.

thanks kawi kid!!

we need to go ride! lol

ok.. i didnt want to share this cuz i know more than likely i got :sexytime:bent over, but my payoff is 4,869.65...BUT i did spend another 600 for the lifetime/extended warrenty. BUT thats also with a 14.75% rate.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

14.75% - she is young too, so it probably was hard for her to get a low rate with not much credit history matched with the score. I don't think we should bash what she paid for it. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to get what you want. Luckily I got 6%, but I'm 30 with lots of history.

thanks kawi kid!!

we need to go ride! lol

you got bent over.:eek:

So how much did you pay for everything when you bought it?

i think 4,9?? ..well maybe right at 5?lol idk i dont feel like gettin my papers

well, i had good credit.. but moving out on my own.. i decided i had to have new/nice furniture.. and when i got the bike, my score wasnt as high as it used to be.. but nick was right, ill pay whatever if i want it.lol

i think 4,9?? ..well maybe right at 5?lol idk i dont feel like gettin my papers

well, i had good credit.. but moving out on my own.. i decided i had to have new/nice furniture.. and when i got the bike, my score wasnt as high as it used to be.. but nick was right, ill pay whatever if i want it.lol

It's all good, I've seen much worse. You can always cancel the extended warranty and get your money back. (prorated, plus maybe a small cancellation fee) Considering your bike is still under factory warranty, I think that would benifit you more than selling it with the extended one.

there is no way I could justify paying that much for an 08 250 when you can find freakin' nice ones that are only a couple years old for less than 2 grand

I know the new 250 is a lot nicer but let's be honest, nobody is keeping a 250 for more than a year or two anyways

MSRP on the bike is $3500. tell the dealer you want it 'out the door for 4'

they are gonna want title and doc fee's, telling them 4k is fair.

just keep coming back every weekend, they will eventually sell it to you for 4.

Honestly if it was me I would try to get it out the door for $3500 or less, I would just keep coming back and cutting it up with them every weekend until they made me the deal. some dealers don't budge, some will eventually just sell a bike at cost to get you to leave them the hell alone, those are the kind you wanna find. it helps to make friends with the employees. some sales guys will pull more strings than others.

Honestly if it was me I would try to get it out the door for $3500 or less, I would just keep coming back and cutting it up with them every weekend until they made me the deal. some dealers don't budge, some will eventually just sell a bike at cost to get you to leave them the hell alone, those are the kind you wanna find. it helps to make friends with the employees. some sales guys will pull more strings than others.

That's ifne and dandy had the bike not been changed this year. Thing is on the 250s, they get retail even before the change. So, let's say you have 7% tax. That's $245. Doc fees are at the lowest around $40 I think I've seen. Title and such is probably $25 at the lowest so, that's $311. So, $3811 OTD would be a fair price for an older model.

However... This year's model is to the point people are on waiting lists. Unless someone cancelled and the next people on the list didn't want the color, there's none on the floors anywhere.

So, most dealers are getting $4k before taxes and fees. You'd be lucky to get one $4500 or less OTD....

The mark up is very low on these bikes, as well. So, any dealer selling at cost (never happens no matter what) isn't even a thought.

Good luck, but $4600 seems to be slightly high, but not anything major. I'd wait until Fall and then the prices will be closer to retail and waiting lists will be shorter...

everyone is trying to get an 08 250, the dealer would have to be retarded to let one go for 3500 or less

everyone is trying to get an 08 250, the dealer would have to be retarded to let one go for 3500 or less
wouldn't stop me from trying. not saying it would definitely happen, but :D never hurts to try :), and buddies go a long way, end up making friends with some riders at the shop, they can pull strings for you. I got my 04 CRF250X from the dealer for half of book value. they sold it to me at their cost. it all depends on your wheel'n and deal'n game ;)

If the demand is super high where they can't keep em on the showroom floor, MSRP will go up about a grand next year. :(

iwell, i had good credit.. but moving out on my own.. i decided i had to have new/nice furniture.. and when i got the bike, my score wasnt as high as it used to be.. but nick was right, ill pay whatever if i want it.lol

hey chk i know where you are coming from. im 25 have been living on my own since i have been 19. now i own my own home with no help from anyone. it sucks tremendously but some times you have to sacrafice.....

wouldn't stop me from trying. not saying it would definitely happen, but :D never hurts to try :), and buddies go a long way, end up making friends with some riders at the shop, they can pull strings for you. I got my 04 CRF250X from the dealer for half of book value. they sold it to me at their cost. it all depends on your wheel'n and deal'n game ;)

If the demand is super high where they can't keep em on the showroom floor, MSRP will go up about a grand next year. :(

How much was "half of book value"? Dealerships dealing on used MX bikes - espeically not so sought after trail based machines isn't the same as a street bike that every year sells for retail. Especially when they have a trrack record for such and the fact that they are new in body design, dealerships - even ones you're "buds" with - aren't going to push someone out of line for you or sell it to you for their cost...

Plus, used units typically have MUCH more margins in them than new OEM units...

How much was "half of book value"? Dealerships dealing on used MX bikes - espeically not so sought after trail based machines isn't the same as a street bike that every year sells for retail. Especially when they have a trrack record for such and the fact that they are new in body design, dealerships - even ones you're "buds" with - aren't going to push someone out of line for you or sell it to you for their cost...

Plus, used units typically have MUCH more margins in them than new OEM units...

:plus1: Book value on a used dirt bike means absolutely nothing. And no matter how good your "wheel'n and deal'n" game is, or who you're "buds" with, you're not getting a deal on an 08 Ninja 250.

I havent done the paper work yet, but I am on the waiting list at ASK in lancaster for my 250, comes in tuesday :D, anyhow, when i went in to pay $100 to be added to the list i watched him write down the price of the bike as 3499, then down to 3399 with my $100 down payment to get on the list. So as far as dealers charging over MSRP i know ASK doesnt but your also looking at about a 5 week wait. Ill post up my total cost tuesday night.

and we all thought i was stupid!!!

this is from someone on kawiforums

So, i recently bought my 08 250R... about 400 miles ago... and althought the bike is priced at 3500, somehow i paid 7400 out the door. That is including an extended 5 yr warranty, as well as GAP insurance if i ever wreck her... plus all the bullshit charges they charge to put the bike together, transportation costs etc etc etc.. does this seem too expensive

I havent done the paper work yet, but I am on the waiting list at ASK in lancaster for my 250, comes in tuesday :D, anyhow, when i went in to pay $100 to be added to the list i watched him write down the price of the bike as 3499, then down to 3399 with my $100 down payment to get on the list. So as far as dealers charging over MSRP i know ASK doesnt but your also looking at about a 5 week wait. Ill post up my total cost tuesday night.

Now, make sure you check what they charge below the retail price... Many dealers charge what they call Freight and Prep. Non existing charge that some make you pay to assist in assembly and such as most do it off site. It's a legit charge in terms of recoupe, but make sure it isn't too harsh and it can be negotiated as Kawasaki doesn't charge them any freight. It's rolled in there with their holdback, etc...

Also, there are no set limits the fees can be for Doc and title, etc. The State limits it to a maximum of something like $250 for car guys, but motorcycle guys charge WAY less. You're best off to call for prices at other shops and see what they charge and use that as a bargaining chip when you go back in. ASK is notorious for charging beyond retail with a bunch of BS charges...