Going to Kansas City --- Do's and Do Not's

SPLN SUX

I just got back from Kansas City and really have mixed feelings about the trip. I learned a few things that would be good to know if anyone else wanted to go there.

Lets start with the goods.....

DO:

- See the Plaza. The amount of restaurants, bars, and shops are almost limitless. At night, the streets are filled with people bar hopping, as well as just sight seeing.. its really incredible and highly suggest it.

- Eat at Tom Fooleries. This restaurant from the outside looks like a hole in the wall. Its not even on the street level... its about 6 to 8 feet lower. However, once you get inside, you'll know you've made a good decision. The atmosphere is great, the service is good, the chicken parmasan is fantastice though rather large, and they have a great choice of drinks.

- Go to Granfaloons bar. Its a great atmosphere, great food, biggest $6 Jagerbombs on the earth (good mix too, not skimpy),in the back room is a seperate room (that we took over... all 30 of us) that has not one but TWO Golden Tee 2005 Live games, two pool tables, Pacman/Galaga machine, and multiple TVs for watching games.

- Try Boulevard beer. Its not your everyday watered down garbage. They have 5 different kinds... the WHEAT seems to be the most popular followed by the Pale Ale. I tried both myself. If you happen to have the opertunity to go on the brewery tour (yes, they have this), do it. The tour begins with a chat by the staff, followed by a fairly cheesey video. The actual tour is interesting but short. The best part is last... FREE SAMPLES OF ALL THIER BEER! They basically say, "We don't actuly count how many you have, but we do ask you be responsible." They basically give you 7oz glasses of what ever you want to try with no real limit. At some point they call last call and thats the end of the tour.

- Watch a game at Arrowhead Stadium. All the seats are good. The steps are a little steep, but the beer guy comes all the way up ;) The noise is unbelievible. If you go, you'll understand why KC is 19-0 at home... they make so much noise when the Visitors are on offence, that they can't hear thier own plays... its rather tricky of them.

DO NOT:

- Dont get a hotel based on location... because thats what you pay for, not for the luxurys. Are hotel room was right in the Plaza, but the rooms weren't all that spectacular. Not a good idea.

- Dont eat at GATES Barbeque. It is fucking terrible. Its low class, the people that work there are less than helpful, and the food is down right nasty. The people behind the counter yell out in the most uneducated way possible, "Hi, may i help you!" , but it sounds like, "Hi, my help yew!"... and you just want to order a drink so you can throw it at them.

- Dont go to a KC game wearing another teams colors. You see, there are three kinda of people in KC: visitors, natives, and Chiefs fans. The natives are great. They ask you about your trip and how you like it and all that, and wish you a good stay in thier city. The Chiefs fans... are fucking hoolagans. I and 32 of my closests friends all went head to toe in Bangles gear, singing the fight song, and really representing our team. At the begining, it was just common, "Bangles suck!"... when the score hit 20-3... things got a little out of hand. The words starting flying... and it wasnt just one or two people, it was several HUNDRED. With 12min left in the 4th, and 70,000 drunkin Chiefs fans all staring us down, we decided to make a quick get away. At that point, it was 30-3 and we got the 3rd degree...we caught elbows as we walked down the stairs, people spit on us, and we even had beer/pretzels/nachos thrown at us. It was really quite pathetic. We just kept congradulating them on beating our 2nd and 3rd string players and asked them to wish us luck in the playoffs... bunch a fuckin tools.

- Dont try to play 6 rounds of Golden Tee in one day. No matter how much you drink, the bones in your hand will hurt.

- Dont fly Southwest... they suck... thats it.

All in all, it was a good expierence, but i dont think ill go back.

please tell me you at least took the time to do some tailgaiting while you were there!?

the "natives" are great, and they welcome all people for BBQ, drinks and a good time....parking lot football is a fucking blast in that huge ass hilly lot!

i haven't been in like 4 years, but i'm going back next year

please tell me you at least took the time to do some tailgaiting while you were there!?

the "natives" are great, and they welcome all people for BBQ, drinks and a good time....parking lot football is a fucking blast in that huge ass hilly lot!

i haven't been in like 4 years, but i'm going back next year

Oh did we tailgate :D THe 30 of us showed up and all parked together. Then, we found 4 other people that were just walking around... so they hung with us, then as people were driving by to park, we flaggeed them down to park with us. After it was all said and done, there were between 40 and 50 people sporting the orange and black all singing the fight song and having a great time. As we went into the stadium, we got split up, but random Bangles fans saw the crowd and got fired up. It was funny.

Guest Evl Mdgt

I use to live in KS, KS... I dont think I would ever move back. Of course I havent lived there since i was 8 and havent actually visited since I was 13.

But if you like bbq... Quicks BBQ is the best!!! My dad brought me back a bottle of their bbq sauce... its got this spice to it and the flavor period is the best compared to any other bbq sauce. Well, if you like that tangy flavor. it's over on 7th st. The last time I was there... that was not a bad part of town. Im pretty sure its still not but I really dont know.

- Dont go to a KC game wearing another teams colors. The Chiefs fans... are fucking hoolagans. I and 32 of my closests friends all went head to toe in Bangles gear, singing the fight song, and really representing our team. At the begining, it was just common, "Bangles suck!"... .

Head to toe in Bangles gear??? Were you dressed up like an Egyptian?? Maybe that was the problem. They may have respected a Bengals fan, but understandably no one respects a Bangles fan. :slap:

Just giving you a hard time. Go Bengals!!!!!!